Author Topic: SDC Pigeon forge  (Read 4039 times)

Bigbadhodad

• View Profile
SDC Pigeon forge
« on: May 14, 2015, 10:22:51 PM »
I grew up going to SDC  in pigeon forge, and yes I was and am disappointed at what dolly has done to it, I was just hoping anyone had any old photos from the early 80's of the eastern SDC,  I miss the attractions we used to have like the flooded mine, removed for a toboggan slide that's now gone, my brother and I were trapped in the mine for two hours once because the front of our ore boat pair was loaded with a morbidly obese (a novelty to see at the time) family who's weight caused the boat to be too low in the water, and as it tried to climb onto the conveyor it would slip off and eventually took on water and sank, the obese folks refused to get out and use the exit and for safety reasons they wouldn't let my brother and I out.

I miss the saloon too, I still have a garter from one of the girls the last year it was there, I paid my dollar and took it from as high on her leg as I could lol,

I wish the Herschend family would exert a little control on Dollywood and bring it back in line with the original theme, I wish they had made her make her ego stroking stuff in a new section,

Also do bandits still hold up the train in Branson?

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Pigeon forge
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 06:26:17 PM »
I don't know anything about SDC Tennessee, but I can answer your final question:

Yes, the train does indeed still get held up at SDC Branson. I don't think they've ever stopped doing it.

And in fact, Worlds of Fun brought back train holdups starting last year, too. Guess they finally clued in to how boring their train ride was without it. Unfortunately, their skit wasn't very impressive, and the location of their holdup wasn't the greatest either.