Author Topic: SDC Survey May 2011  (Read 30442 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Survey May 2011
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2011, 06:08:23 PM »
I would prefer us to focus on indoor rides, most Mid-west Park aren’t open in the early spring nor November and December.  SDC is and I think we need to be able to offer more rides for the majority of the season.  They would also come in handy when there is inclement weather and I am sure the employees at FITH would appreciate it too.

When I took the survey online I told them that very thing in the comments section.  I said that while I think a woodie would be great that my vote went to Stagecoaster if it could be done as an indoor ride.  Hey, I might make a difference...
I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2011, 06:10:46 PM »
I dont see an indoor coaster, Because of the shear expense to enclose it!  BUT what a great idea!!

I don't know that it would be as expensive as one might think - some of the bigger parks do it all the time, and after all, Mystery Mine is mostly enclosed as it is. It's theming the building that gets really expensive.

I'd LOVE to see another quality indoor ride custom made for the park. If they tried to do an indoor coaster, I would just hope they do something original or quality in there and not just put a wild mouse or other small coaster in a box like Six Flags has done.

Polley

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2011, 06:16:55 PM »
I'd LOVE to see another quality indoor ride custom made for the park. If they tried to do an indoor coaster, I would just hope they do something original or quality in there and not just put a wild mouse or other small coaster in a box like Six Flags has done.

Shavethewhales, i wish i could 'like' your post.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2011, 10:09:18 AM »
Silver Dollar City already has plenty of experience with indoor rides such as Fire in the Hole, and the Flooded Mine. If they could capture that same creativity, and ingenuity that they had decades ago, they could certainly pull off another fantastic indoor ride.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2011, 10:10:05 AM »
Sounds like a mystery mine!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"