Author Topic: SDC Survey May 2011  (Read 30443 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Survey May 2011
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 09:36:17 PM »
I really think SDC would benefit from getting a major woodie. I don't like the name "The Bull" though, SDC can come up with better. But I also think the area around Powderkeg would benefit from a shot tower like the concept shown. It would help with Powderkeg's lines and also fit the theme of the area. I've wanted both of these ride concepts for quite some time.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 09:52:14 PM »
Keep in mind that these concepts, especially the names, are very rough sketches put together just to gauge general reactions.

I'm sure they're looking for statistical deviations between the reactions of various demographics for each concept. If a ton of younger families lean toward the pony express coaster, that would really appeal to the PTB versus a wooden coaster that is more of a general audience pleaser. I'm feeling more and more like the shot tower is in there just to act as a backup or to provide a third option for statistical purposes or something. It just doesn't seem like a route the PTB would go unless they're actually planning to purchase a new, larger tower.

I really don't know if the pony express coaster would really help them with the younger demographic versus a wooden coaster though, the novelty really seems like it wears off fairly quickly on most of these motocoasters. However, adding a farther-appealing wooden coaster may bring in too much of a thrill seeker demographic than the park wants to deal with right now. I feel like if they do go the wooden coaster route, they may aim it towards a smaller profile instead of something larger. I don't even know if they'll go as big as Prowler at WoF, though I'd be ecstatic if they got anything like that.

Just my thoughts, what do you all think they're really gauging?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 11:01:07 PM »
I would imagine if they go with the wooden coaster, it'll be on par with Thunderhead.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 07:19:28 AM »
No doubt a wooden coaster would be a huge draw for the park. If they do put it in the WW area, it would help traffic flow also.

Saaam!

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Celebration City-Lover
    • View Profile
New Space Shot a Flooded Mine replacement?
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2011, 07:58:12 PM »
Why does it seem like this is a Flooded Mine replacement? Look at the picture:

It looks like it is in the middle of the lake with the same look (of the building) as Flooded Mine. What are your thoughts?
| Formally "Thunderbolter" |

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2011, 08:08:37 PM »
I don't think there's any way they'll replace the flooded mine anytime soon. It's still a very popular family attraction and has no major issues to speak of.

Considering the train in the background, I kind of pictured this on the backside of the park in the old Splash Harbor location.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2011, 07:15:07 AM »
No way they will eliminate the FM. As shave said it is popular and I would think very low maintenece..

train in background and building on the left does indicate that corner of park.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2011, 10:42:50 AM »
Typically artist renderings are just a proof of concept, and not blueprints of what an actual ride will look like.

I am supportive of a wooden rollercoaster. The "bull" idea does seem intriguing if Silver Dollar City is able to effectively pull it off. According to the concept, the rollercoaster train is supposed to be loosely based off of a bull, so in effect it is the "bull" that is taking the riders on this great adventure. However, I suppose I am more comfortable with Silver Dollar City using "1880's inventions" (example: Wildfire's flying contraption), or "1880's machinery" (example: Thunderation’s mine train), as the ride vehicle rather than a bull. My point is a bit confusion, but I would rather keep the plastic animal rides in the Grand Exposition.

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2011, 05:32:52 PM »
Never take too much stock in these photos; they are just something to get the idea across.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 03:03:05 PM »
true enough, but the photo rendering does give you an idea of location in the park. even if it a rough drawing. they are thinking about something specific. ;)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2011, 06:09:11 PM »
I did not recieve this survey.  usually I do..  Oh well..  At least I get to read about it here...
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2011, 06:56:43 PM »
I almost missed taking the survey- it went straight to my spam folder when sent.
I'm Your Huckleberry

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2011, 06:00:21 AM »
I have never received a survey.. thats ok thought I get to voice my thought and opinions here, thanks to all of you.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2011, 09:24:39 AM »
If the above rendering was actually done specifically for SDC, see the train?  Looks like intentions are for the Splash Harbor location ;)
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2011, 03:10:24 PM »
Has anybody heard any counts on the survey numbers? I was just curious what attraction is in the lead. I would love to see a wooden roller coaster, but I still like the idea of a Mystery Mine type of ride as well. Of course, I'd much rather have the wooden roller coaster but my second choice would the the MM. I was also hoping the Half-Dollar Holler was going to be an Adventure Mountain or something of the sort. I know my kids will love HDH but I think the Adventure Mountain would have been fun.
Colorado SDC Fan