Poll

Which water park do you think is better?

Dollywood's Splash Country
3 (75%)
White Water Branson
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: July 31, 2010, 12:47:53 PM

Author Topic: Dollywood's Splash Country & White Water  (Read 3720 times)

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Dollywood's Splash Country & White Water
« on: July 01, 2010, 12:47:53 PM »
I am running this poll for thirty days to determine which water park is better. I will be posting another poll in 30 days. Everyone is welcome to vote, can't wait to see the results.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Dollywood's Splash Country & White Water
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 02:52:46 PM »
ha ha, I don't really think there will be much of a debate here. If you've seen much of both parks you'll know that HFEC has put a LOT more effort into DSC than WW. WW is pretty much the ugly duckling of the entire company. Not that it's a bad park, it's just much more generic than any other HFEC amusement property and doesn't have half of what DSC has.

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 03:00:17 PM »
I agree with you, but, I just wanted to ask the opinion of other SDC fans. I was curious because i'm a DW fan, and wanted to see what everyone thought.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 03:02:53 PM »
It's an older park that needs some TLC...I hope it gets it soon...I was among the first to enjoy WW in 1980 when I was but a 17 year old high school senior, it was a lot of fun, and I enjoyed returning a few times a year through the early '80's when I had a chance to on a day off from working at SDC. Gettin' in free as a company benefit was pretty sweet, too! :D
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 03:05:37 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, I love hereing everybody's memories about DW,SDC,DSC,WW it's great.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »
DWSP is a hands down winner, I am a Branson area guy.
White water is cramped and honestly they havent done much to help with the shade problem.
Neither has Dollywood for that matter.  White water lacks any real attractions. THey really took away the fun when they removed teh old inner tube river rapids deal they had when I was a kid. That was teh best thing at the park and it was not a thrill slide.
Sorry Branson, Pigeon Forge wins this one.