Author Topic: Culinary School porch?  (Read 3386 times)

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
Culinary School porch?
« on: July 18, 2011, 03:08:50 PM »
I need some clarification here if y'all could please...

Sometime back, it seems I remember someone posting that the Culinary School had a wrap around porch and you could purchase drinks at the school and sit around back in rockers and chairs? Seems like someone posted pictures of this from the back porch. I have two questions here...

One...is my remembrance correct

Two...what is the view of from the back porch?

Andymeets1880s

pintrader

Re: Culinary School porch?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 04:11:37 PM »
Your partly correct Andy!  The school does have a wrap around porch to the back with  several rocking chairs to sit at.  They use to have a little snack bar on the front porch but that is no longer there.  The view from the back porch of the school is of Echo Hollow.  Here is a photo from the back porch on opening day of this year plus chairs lined up on the back porch.

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac45/tomncyndi/SDCOpeningDay2011195.jpg[/img]]
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac45/tomncyndi/SDCOpeningDay2011197.jpg[/img]]
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:23:12 PM by Pintrader »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »
Yeah, the porch is a great way to relax and cool down on a hot day. When we were there earlier this year, my friends and I were lounging in the rocking chairs. I was singing the Beverly Hillbillies song, 'cause I just felt compelled to, and got ambushed from behind by the "Colonel." LOL Scared the living daylights out of me, hehehe. Then he proceeded to yell down at some guys doing some hammering at Echo Hollow, good-naturedly pestering them about the "racket" they were making. LOL

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 08:01:42 PM »
This is my hideout when the kids are in GE.  WAY too hot over there for me so the wife and I grab a cold drink and sit in the rockers.  Last time I was there, I actually fell asleep!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 11:21:31 PM »
I love the porch! This is also my secret hiding spot when I am in the area. The view isn’t exactly a vista, but it sure hit’s the spot on a warm afternoon.

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 12:27:20 PM »
Thanks to everyone who responded to this inquiry. I knew I remembered it and was trying to reignite the passion of SDC that I had seemed to lose. This porch was one of my mental getaways as I pictured myself there some time back, but recently, my memory kinda faded on these spots.

How about this....

Isnt there a place to sit at or by a waterfall? I absolutely LOVE waterfalls, brooks, creeks, etc. THAT would seem to be a great sitting spot! Can you also help me with this one?
Andymeets1880s

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 01:23:55 PM »
We try to eat lunch there everytime we are at SDC.  I don't know about walking up to the waterfalls now thought.  I know in the past you could, but it may be closed now.  There is a deck across from the waterfall with several tables and chairs and it is usually pretty full of people eating.  You are right....it is another great sitting spot!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 03:37:59 PM »
yes there is a deck and chairs where u can sit and look at the falls,  but u cannot walk over to them or by them... It is by the AP and WF

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 11:17:30 PM »
The backside of the Lumberjack Camp is the perfect spot to do this.