Author Topic: No Timber Tower at dollywood this year.  (Read 4496 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
No Timber Tower at dollywood this year.
« on: March 17, 2011, 05:22:23 PM »
this posted today and yestarday.

http://screamscape.com/html/dollywood.htm

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: No Timber Tower at dollywood this year.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 03:37:57 AM »
this updated today... NO info.   just update.:

http://screamscape.com/html/dollywood.htm#General

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 01:58:41 PM »
Pretty wild that they're actually starting to call HUSS out in public more and more. These disputes have dragged on for years now. I wonder how far along in the court system they are?

Sigh... once upon a time I had high hopes that SDC would get either a HUSS Frisbee or Top-Spin. Back in the day HUSS was the undisputed flat ride king. These days they can get more or less the same things from other companies, but it's not quite the same.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 04:28:17 PM »
^Worlds of Fun has had their fair share of issues with Thunderhawk (TopSpin from HUSS).  It was down quite a bit of the season last year and it wasn't open the first 3 weekends of this season.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 06:25:11 PM »
ok guys i am not as familar as some of you on the manufacturers... sounds like this "Huss" company has some quality problems.. is that a safe statement?  Or are these just isolated problems in out area?

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 06:37:56 PM »
ok guys i am not as familar as some of you on the manufacturers... sounds like this "Huss" company has some quality problems.. is that a safe statement?  Or are these just isolated problems in out area?

It looks more like "legal" problems when they say they're in a contract dispute. Although I guess that could mean the ride needs warranty work or something isn't quite right and they need Huss to do something about it. I was always under the impression rides were bought and sold, not leased so I'm not sure what else they would be disputing about.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 07:39:34 PM »
HUSS (pronounced HOOOsssss) is one of many ride manufacturers out there that have problems with their rides.  VEKOMA (Vay-co-mah) and INTAMIN (EN-TAH-MEN) seem to have problems as well.  Amazingly enough B&M (the design team for Wildfire) seem to the least issues in the industry - which is probably why they are the most expensive.
SWOOSH