Author Topic: What to do what to do  (Read 4212 times)

mogal10

• View Profile
What to do what to do
« on: September 07, 2010, 02:56:41 PM »
My husband and I's trip to Branson is approaching fast.  I have two day silver dollar city tickets and our rooms booked.  Now here is my problem there is so much other stuff to see and do that I just can not decide on  what else we want to do untill we get there.  We are only there three nights and four days.  The four things other than silver dollar city that is catching our eye are two shows,  Toni Roi, and the Broadway Show at the Branson Variety Theater.  And the Showboat Branson Belle or the Dixie Stampede.  All four of these things have caught my attention and are on the list of things maybe to do.  Now there is no way we can do all four so what would you guys reccomend over the other if you have ever been?  And since we can't make up our minds are all these things available at a box office, or are any of them a must have tickets in advance type of thing?  Its a trip for our anniversary so wanting to make it very special.  Thanks in advance for your feedback!  :)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: What to do what to do
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 04:57:17 PM »
Try the Showboat Branson Belle. My wife and I got a ticket to eat in the paddlewheel room to look out at the lake as we ate. We loved it. Then we went into the main dining area and watched the show. Wonderful time.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

mogal10

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 12:07:28 PM »
Thanks I really am wanting to do that one.  Just have to talk my hubby into it.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 05:24:59 PM »
Also check out Shepherd of the Hills Homestead and Dixie Stampede, Titanic, Hollywood Wax Museum. All are Branson staples, and have been enjoyed by many over the years. Go out to Table Rock Dam and take a tour and look at the hatchery. Ride the Ducks is good. Talking Rocks Cavern is a great decorated cave.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 10:10:52 AM »
Free stuff to do in Branson

1. The Shows at the Mall
2. Shepherd of the Hills Hatchery
3. Go Fishing

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 12:17:25 PM »
THE WINERIES!!!!! they have tastings that certain ones are free, and boy can it get fun!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 05:15:17 PM »
my wife and I did the Stone Hill Winery tour last visit in August. Free tour, nice video, interesting, and of course we walked out with four bottles...so maybe it wasn't a free tour! Enjoyed it though...and have been enjoying the wine since!

mogal10

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 10:13:45 PM »
We had fun we got to Branson Friday the 10th drove around checked out Branson and ate at Danna's untill time to check into the Best Western Inn and Conference center.  After we checked in we stayed around the hotel went swimming and then got ready for dinner.  Found a walmart in Branson West.  I so needed some sweet tea for our room.  Stopped in to eat at Pizza Hut, even though we said we would only eat at places we had never been.

Got up early Saturday had breakfast at the hotel because BWI has a great breakfast bar.  Were gonna ride the shuttle to SDC but changed our minds and drove at the last minute.  Spent the day till about four at SDC.  Enjoyed the Sons of SDC, a cowboy singing the Brady Bunch pretty darn funny lol.  Then went over and seen the first showing of Heading West for the season!  Oh my gosh I loved that.  Munched on a pizza stick and had our mugs refilled and Road the Train.  After the train we had a sausage sandwich and Calico Potatoes.  I enjoyed myself looking around and taking pictures.  We wanted to stay all day, but I was getting pretty tired.  So we stopped on the way out got a t-shirt and a deck of cards and the Beverly Hillbilly DVD.  My legs weren't used to the hills and knew I was going to be pretty sore.  We went back to the hotel and swam and than ran to get Tacos for dinner.  Oh and I loved the decorations the scarecrows and pumpkins for the harvest festival.

We had two day silver dollar city tickets but decided one day was enough on our legs.  And since we were only in Branson till Monday we decided to do other things.  We went and Rode the Ducks!  My favorite thing we did the whole weekend!   Then the Wax museum and the Dixie Stampede.  Also we had plenty of time to drive out by both lakes and take a look at the landing.  and enjoyed a nice cool off break getting ice cream and a funnel cake at that cakes and cream place.

I wasn't ready to go home Monday we had a great time!