Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > General Silver Dollar City Talk

Country Fair or Grand Exposition.

(1/2) > >>

dwfan:
I choose Country Fair because there are more rides, and actually looks like a fair.

mhguy77:
The fair seems to give a lot more leeway in what is there in the area.
I like the idea of a fair, I never thought the Grand Exposition was much of a theme.
They never really go all the way with the idea.  The fair idea leads itself easier to a kids area, after all that is really what this area is.   May I be so bold as saying the rides are not themed well to something like a Chicago Exposition or Worlds fair. Bugs and frogs? they work fine with a fair, and everyone likes a fair.
The Exposition could have been used for a mechanical area with a ride like the Ice house, the kids rides seem like a bad match.

Copper:
They are both good themes, but I agree that they didn't go far enough with the Exposition theme. 

The Galleon- should be a steam machine contraption.
Regatta- different types of boats representing different technologies.
Bug rides- less cute...
Tea Cups- more Victorian theme...
And I strongly dislike the elephants at SDC, they do not belong there.

Overall they could have gone a long way, but I feel that the budget stifled them. 

Firstvisit1967:
If SDC was a black tux then the Grand Expo would be a pair of brown Swede shoes.

Junior:
I always thought it would be a great idea to have an old fashioned big top circus at the park...elephants, clowns, trapeeze artists, jugglers, trick ponys, trained dogs...and so on. Inside a real canvas tent. Sawdust on the ground, colorful banners...and I think it would be a good fit with a country fair or the grand exposition stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version