Author Topic: SDC Merchandise  (Read 9140 times)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: SDC Merchandise
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 12:39:21 PM »
You could always design a shirt this way. "You have a past great ahead of you!" - Silver Dollar City. So basically you are giving credit to them for the quote. Better yet, you could change the slogan slightly to read You've got a great past ahead of you! That way it's not verbatim.  ;)

Changing topics slightly, the only shirts I am allowed to wear to work are polos, and button ups. I sure wish Silver Dollar City would put out some more classic shirts with the axe, and log logo on it. When I was there last month, I only found one polo shirt with the official logo on it, and it was a woman's polo! To say I was disappointed was an understatement.  :-X

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010, 01:20:07 PM »
oh yes, no doubt. ::)       It could be reworded and be "legal". .  Just doing some "scheming" .. LOL.  thats what i do.... ;D

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010, 02:59:19 PM »
 I know this is splitting hairs but technically, "You have a great past ahead of you."  is a Registered Trademark of SDC. It's not a copyright. You'd have to get permission to use it. But as others have suggested you could satirize it (in a good way) and be legal.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2010, 03:20:08 PM »
thats right parson, "trademark" was the term i was searching for and could not think of it. I knew "copyright" would get the point across..  thanks