Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > General Silver Dollar City Talk

New Opera House Show: "Marmoros"

(1/6) > >>

History Buff:
No, it's really not a new show, but it could be.  Help me think this through - a grand musical based on the Marmoros.

I'll start by saying, in the tradition of reworking classic musical numbers from old movies, plays, and animated features, I think the title number could be set to the title song in "Camelot".  What comes next?

maddilives4him:
Seriously???? That would be really cool if they decided to do something like that. ;D

rubedugans:
List of characters:

William Henry Lynch-and family

Red and Sadie Flanders

History Buff:
^Yes, I've thought of characters, and I think you have the right idea - keep it in the fictional realm.  I'd hate for this to be too accurate with the likes of Phoebe Snapp and Nathanial Kinney.  Some of the stories can get pretty sad, and that is not what we would want - though a tearful scene would not be out of order.  Plus, we wouldn't want it to be just a musical retelling of Shepherd of the Hills.  I also wouldn't want it to be overly cartoony, though.

It would be really awesome for Red Flanders to be the comedy relief and have his own secondary storyline.  I could also see the cave being a part of the story, with characters disappearing into the stage floor as the descend.

rubedugans:
I thought the same thing about Red's role in the show....

The cave entrance would be a great effect HB
There could be speaking parts coming from people within the cave (off stage)

Keeping fictional would not pose any legal issues with actual family names. This doesn't mean that Blow, or Lynch cannot be referred to, just maybe not main characters

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version