Author Topic: tall timber show?  (Read 2606 times)

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
tall timber show?
« on: June 17, 2010, 02:20:24 PM »
has anyone else noticed the big flag/sign mear sdc advertising the tall timber ( i think thats what its called) lumberjack show? there seems to be alot of equipment around there but all that stuff has been there for what seems like a few years now. does anyone have any info or details on whats going on there?

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: tall timber show?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 07:58:02 PM »
Show used to be on Indian Point.  Was supposed to move to 76 and reopen but the economy tanked.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 08:03:41 PM »
SDC had a lumberjack show of sorts in the early 80s...log rolling on the big pond in front of the waterfall at the lumbercamp. "Tiny" Doolittle, who also is known as Richard Young...was the host of the show. Those folks who did the log rolling were talented, and it was popular with the crowds.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 10:34:36 PM »
The SDC lumberjacks were a great show, and it did always draw a good crowd. I cannot say that I have seen log rolliong anywhere else! In 1999, Silver Dollar City was the site for the 14th annual Stihl Timbersports Series at Echo Hollow.