Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > General Silver Dollar City Talk

Movie film on faces?

(1/3) > >>

Andymeets1880s:
 Hello all,

Correct me if I am wrong, but when I was at SDC in 1980, I rode the Flooded Mine several times and I seem to recall one spot where there were three convicts either sitting or standing shoulder to shoulder and their faces were faces from a movie. In other words, it was like three male faces were shot on film and then projected onto the blank faces of three convicts.

Does anyone else remember that or am I just loopy?!  ::)

Junior:
You have a wonderful memory! Yes, a film of the "faces" of convicts was projected onto the face of dummies, and it appeared as if the dummys were "live" singing "you might get out if the mine don't flood!" I sometimes worked at the flooded mine as a convict in the early 80s, and the "citizens" behind those faces were Elmer (Can't remember Elmer's last name) and Wayne Milnes from the street troupe. Due to humid conditions, the projectors broke down a lot. Kerry, our maintenance guy at the diving bell, was responsible for keeping the projectors in working order. My guess is they moved away from those talking dummys because of the frequent break downs and hassles with keeping things up and running. But it's just my guess, I don't really know why that has happened.

Andymeets1880s:
Uh huh! I thought so! Ok, let's truly test my memory.....weren't they like making faces and rolling their eyes and stuff while singing? Seems that way.

rubedugans:
When it was in existence, similar faces also appeared in the Flooded Mine ride at SDC Tennessee/ DW.

Junior:
Andy...you are right...they did make faces and roll their eyes...crossed their eyes, too. Wayne, in particular, was very talented...he later had his own kids show on Saturday mornings on a Springfield, MO TV station. He played all sorts of funny characters.  It does not surprise me Rube, that the same thing was going on in Tennessee. But I didn't know that...I learned something new today!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version