Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > General Silver Dollar City Talk

Culinary School Ideas

(1/5) > >>

mhguy77:
" "this is what we are going to do next year, will you like it?" survey.
They did the same thing with the Culinary School "

The culinary school is tanking it seems. They sure do try to coax you to take part, I myself don't see any since in it.  I am not into the whole Up charge deal.

rubedugans:
I am the biggest "foodie" there is. I love cooking, watching food network, and reading about new and innovative recipes, and methods. I even thought about culinary school after managing an iconic food establishment for over 5 years, HOWEVER i have issues with the up charge issue to watch someone cook, or to get a recipe. I have made the Molasses cookies and they were great-I didn;t pay for the recipe however, it was a free recipe from an interview when the school opened.

Swoosh:
I think the Culinary School would be more successful if it was tied in with the motorcoach tour tickets as something that they have to do while they are there.  I personally have yet to do it, but it is not my forte so I probably will not.

I just find it odd that they charge to learn how to cook when the other demonstrations around the park are free. 

marolinesdad:
I wouldn't say it is tanking....  I have been on park 7 times this year.  3 times I have tried to sign up for a class and had to be put on a waiting list because it was already sold out.

Firstvisit1967:
The thing with the Cul is that they do not offer unique classes.
I know I can have made most all if not everything they offer.  I would
love to see them offer more choices.  Maybe I have not been paying attention but the five times we have been to the park since the cul opened no one in a family full of chefs has been interested in going to the class.  I even offered to pay for my mother in law , who can't cook, to go and she turned it down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version