Author Topic: New Crosswalk  (Read 1843 times)

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
New Crosswalk
« on: May 31, 2010, 11:38:33 PM »
I noticed on our trip last weekend that they have added a new walk-path that goes all the way from the main lot down to lot 5 (which is conveniently located down the hill from Deer Run Motel).  This is a welcome addition. I know it wasn't there last Christmas 2009.  The only problem with the walk-path is that they allow parking on either side of it on the main lot.  And some cars don't park in front of the walk-path--they park OVER the walk-path which makes it extremely difficult for those using the walk-path to get through, especially if you have a stroller. This can lead to a dangerous situation.  I saw a mother and stroller almost get hit by a car the other day because they had to walk outside of the walk-path since cars were blocking the path.  I'm thankful to SDC for putting in this path.  It really saves time in having to wait for the trams.  I wish they could add some kind of barrier, parking blocks or something to keep cars from parking OVER the walkpath.

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: New Crosswalk
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 06:13:27 AM »
Or they could give everyone a hammer and each person could take a wack at the cars parked over the lines.  I wonder how long it would take to stop the fools who do whatever they want to stop parking over the lines.