Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > General Silver Dollar City Talk

Funny tables at Aunt Mollys

(1/1)

How-doFolks:
I know we all have tricked some'a our friends at these tables. It is funny to see your plate at about chest level. One of my brothers kids ask why it was so high. Our server said - "you must be full, & ya need to put ya'r elbows on the table to get it to go down, so when ya get up ya dont spill ya'r plate." It was hilarious.
Just 2 years ago, we found out they have'a turnin' one. Now that one tricked me! My plate full of watermelon ended up about 1/4 turn away from me, & the salt & pepper was headin' my way! ??? Cool stuff. They need more of these around the park!

Any stories? 

Junior:
I worked part time at both the mill and the mine in 1978-1979. Both places used to have trick tables. They have been there since way back in the late 60s or early 70s. I'd heard the table in the mine was broken...but don't know for sure. It was always fun as a young fellow working in both places to play the trick on guests sitting at the tables. I remember a little two or three year old kid, who by the time the table was at full height, was putting her hands above her head before she could grab her dinner roll!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version