Author Topic: HFE is partnering with Integrative Logic  (Read 5293 times)

sdcforever

HFE is partnering with Integrative Logic
« on: July 01, 2008, 08:57:08 PM »
This is kind of old news, but HFE has a new marketing and business relationship with Integrative Logic as of March 2008.  Integrative Logic is a data-driven marketing group that helps drive new and repeat business by modifying customer behavior through multi channel marketing programs.  Basically, they will help HFE by utilizing data from surveys and related things to help change customer behavior and increase brand loyalty.  Here's a quote from Bryan Hardman, a HFE Manager:  “Our goal at Herschend Family Entertainment is to create memories worth repeating. Our partnership with Integrative Logic will enable us to use the latest in technology to communicate individually with our guests resulting in long-term emotional connections.”

Basically Integrative Logic tracks people that visit HFE by first building a database, then collecting traditional info of guests like names and addresses.  They also gather transactional data, such as purchases made at a theme park or how often someone visits a particular property.  They then break people off into distinct behavior groups, like "soccer moms" or "empty nesters".  Their goal is to move away from comment cards and actually look at how visitors behave and help HFE use that data effectively.  HFE will then market their properties/brands to each distinct behavior group to foster lifelong brand loyalty.

This is the new marketing strategy.  Rather than one large marketing campaign, companies and corporations are using data and then focusing and narrowing many different marketing strategies, specific to certain demographics.  They highlight how certain aspects of their product or property appeal to each demographic.  In order to do this they have to look at the specifics of their customers (like where they come from, their income, interests, purchases etc.  Basically they analyze how people spend their time and money.)  I find this interesting and think some of you might as well.  HFE is the first really large client for Integrative Logic.

Here's a link to an article detailing more about the HFE/Integrative Logic partnership and Integrative Logic's approach:
http://www.wikigwinnett.com/content.cfm?Action=wiki&WikiID=6629&CFID=4538230&CFTOKEN=71540997

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: HFE is partnering with Integrative Logic
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 09:39:29 PM »
That is pretty cool. It'll probably help a lot with future expansions and whatnot.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 10:12:58 PM »
modifying customer behavior through multi channel marketing programs

Why do a have a picture of HFEC hiring a bunch of Jedi masters that wave their hands and make the general public buy more stuff?

Jedi: "You want to buy that t-shirt"
GP: "I wanna buy this t-shirt"
Jedi: "You want to go eat at the Reunion Hall Buffet"
GP: "I want to eat at the buffet"

.... yeah it's probably just me.  :(
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 10:22:26 PM »
I just wish the GP had better tastes. People happen to like things like basketball side games, even when they destroy the theme... ::)

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 10:35:22 PM »
yea i think this is a bad thing, but i guess we will see what happens

sdcforever

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 10:41:34 PM »
That is pretty cool. It'll probably help a lot with future expansions and whatnot.

It could definitely help with future expansions.  Of course there's a downside too, as Steve pointed out...

I just wish the GP had better tastes. People happen to like things like basketball side games, even when they destroy the theme... ::)

My hopes are that most of the GP's behaviors and opinions will demonstrate that the SDC theme is central to the park's appeal, and that little side games, while enjoyable in most settings, do not enhance the theme of the park.  Basically I think that Integrative Logic's data is large enough to show HFE that a majority of their target audience is looking for expansions and changes that continue to reflect the 1880s theme.  So hopefully side games will not become the norm.

This will be a test of HFE's mission.  Will they move the park in a new direction to attract more people?  Or will they stay true to tradition and try to attract more of their target audience (those who enjoy crafts and shows as well as rides and attractions)?  HFE is becoming a conglomerate and I'm afraid as it grows larger and acquires more brands it will become more and more removed from its roots.  Hopefully future generations of Herschends will remember how it all started.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 10:29:15 AM »
There is always that danger inherent in growing larger, which is good for the Company and its employees as a whole.  Disneyland saw this happen (in terms of those that grew up with the park and found it to have a hometown feel) before the Florida project came along and focus groups and synergy supplied the direction of their growth.

I'm glad that there are enough of us out there that will always love SDC and remember what it "used" to be like if it does change.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 10:49:02 AM »
The data is only objective up to a point.  I think the company will be subjective in its interpretation.  You know, like if the GP says it wants a super-hero-theme area, the company will reject that idea as ruining the rest of the park.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Dukefan

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 08:10:49 PM »
My biggest concern is that after Jack and Pete pass on, the Herschend parks will "devolve" into just typical amusement park type places.  I hope they have people in charge that understand their vision for the parks and will try to carry it on after the patriarchs (and matriarchs) are gone. 

I also don't care for the idea of HFE turning into a publicly traded company, which I think is a danger as it continues to grow larger.  At that point it truly does become all about just improving the bottom line.

I know the Herschends once considered taking the company public when they began growing in the late 70s, but later changed their minds.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 08:13:10 PM by Dukefan »

DocSpeleo

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 08:39:07 PM »
I too have the worry about the company after Jack and Pete are gone.  Thinking about wal-mart and how much it changed after Sam Walton passed, and well how un-interested in his beliefs the company became.

sdcforever

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 02:30:23 PM »
Looking at HFE's leadership, there's only one Herschend on the leadership team besides Jack and Peter, and that's Chris Herschend.  He's the President of Ride the Ducks.  The good news is Brad Thomas, Vice President and General Manager of SDC, has been with SDC since 1991 and worked his way up the ladder.  I also feel that Jack and Peter made smart hiring decisions; they definitely hired their leadership team.  So I'm sure they hired people who have ideals and philosophies that match the Herschend family philosophy.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 02:35:50 PM »
I believe the SDC spirit will hang around for a good while after the Herschends are gone - it's just too good to let go easily. People have come to know and love it more than what most of us would guess; I know we're not the only ones who complain over seemingly trivial little changes in the park like the games and andyisms disapperaing.

It will continue to change though, as it is now before the Herschends are even gone. The park will inevitably abandon much of what made it quaint and heartfelt in the past in favor of what the masses want and support, but it will always be more special than the other theme parks in the nation.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 04:39:01 PM »
The problem is that it's like boiling a live frog:  turn up the temperature a degree at a time, and the frog never realizes he's in trouble.  It happened surprisingly fast at Six Flags Over Texas.  The theme of the park was actually six lands to correspond with the six flags that had flown over Texas.  Then the theme and the lands were lost to more kiddie faire with the park trying to be bigger and more thrilling in order to lure more money.  Now, Six Flags is a brand that you can see everywhere with its Looney Tunes and Superheroes.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with their new concept; I'm just making a point to say that the concept is now completely absent, and there is no longer a legacy with Six Flags.  That's what I look for with SDC - legacy - and it's what will keep it interesting and lovable for generations to come.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 04:09:56 PM »
I used to pal around with Bruce a lot in my younger years and he was quite adamant back then about bringing back the old SDC and the values that Mary instilled. He has Talking Rocks now and I have no clue as to what if ever he would have to do with HFE, but I'm sure his views and those of the rest of the family could carry some weight in the future regardless. They are afterall, stockholders.
"Loved on Four Contenents!"