Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > General Silver Dollar City Talk

Club 1880?

(1/3) > >>

rubedugans:
Being a history scholar, I always research the history of places I am going/places I have been. After much research on a visit to L.A. I found web page(s) dedicated to Disney's "Club 33". For those of you that are unaware, Club 33 is a private club located in the heart of the New Orleans Square section of Disneyland at an unassuming location (somewhat hidden to the average person/ visitor). I think it would be amazing to offer a similar exclusive/elite group ("33" only has 437 members with a lengthy waiting list). The club offers a 5 star restaurant, and other ammenities, I don't think it would ever go over at SDC, BUT I would be first in line. It would be amazing! Who would join me, and where would you put it? In the cave? above the ice cream parlor?

Swoosh:
You could put it in the upstairs of the mine.
OR I say build another building next to the Culinary Art School and have it there.

Coaster:
I love this idea! I'd want it to be someplace really historic in SDC. I love the idea of above the ice cream parlor, or Shad's old cabin.

rubedugans:
This idea came into my head before, however I forgot about it until this evening when I sat down to work! I would like to think of the "club" as a tucked away place, not necessarily a new structure. Something unassuming that could be overlooked as an environment piece for the uninformed.  The treehouse would have been great but it is out of the picture, Hannahs floor 2 is ideal! I would work the club...keep track of reservations, members waiting lists etc.

Zephon:
The upper part of the Lumbercamp Restaurant might be the ideal place for something like that.  I don't really think it gathers that much attention from the general guest population...not used a whole lot now.  It's mostly enclosed now (didn't used to be), a fairly large area, and it has food services right under it.  Plus it has a nice view of the waterfall and surrounding areas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version