Author Topic: Celebration City Developments  (Read 127459 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Celebration City Developments
« Reply #285 on: May 08, 2014, 05:36:31 PM »
It's far from a secret that the shot tower is coming to SDC, and the only other rides left at CC are the flying carpet and Roaring Falls. I'm going to guess they sold RF. Alabama Adventures is a likely bet to buy it, they had a brand new supersplash-like attraction for 1 season, but I believe they sold it during the ride sell-off, and now Dan Koch is rebuilding the rides park again.

We haven't talked much about Celebration City in awhile. It looks like things only continue to trend downwards for the likelihood of them rebuilding it into anything substantial. Branson tourism still seems to be a rapidly changing beast these days, with small attractions and theaters opening and closing all the time. I want to believe that adding another marquee attraction to the mix would help 'raise the tide' a bit, but I sure wouldn't bet my money on it.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 08, 2014, 09:08:32 PM »
It's far from a secret that the shot tower is coming to SDC, and the only other rides left at CC are the flying carpet and Roaring Falls. I'm going to guess they sold RF. Alabama Adventures is a likely bet to buy it, they had a brand new supersplash-like attraction for 1 season, but I believe they sold it during the ride sell-off, and now Dan Koch is rebuilding the rides park again.

We haven't talked much about Celebration City in awhile. It looks like things only continue to trend downwards for the likelihood of them rebuilding it into anything substantial. Branson tourism still seems to be a rapidly changing beast these days, with small attractions and theaters opening and closing all the time. I want to believe that adding another marquee attraction to the mix would help 'raise the tide' a bit, but I sure wouldn't bet my money on it.

I continue to believe an Entertainment District would the best route with a mix of fun for the young and middle aged.  With a collection of rides that are per ride or wristband for all like Kemah. Here's another another pic of a not your everyday bowling alley that would be a piece of my puzzle:

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 10, 2014, 09:21:09 AM »
We were in Branson the 7th - 9th and drove by Celebration City a couple of times.  What was the ride with the brightly colored cars -- looked like drums, blocks, etc.? Noticed those were still there and uncovered. The bright colors make them noticeable from the road.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 10, 2014, 10:23:09 AM »
We were in Branson the 7th - 9th and drove by Celebration City a couple of times.  What was the ride with the brightly colored cars -- looked like drums, blocks, etc.? Noticed those were still there and uncovered. The bright colors make them noticeable from the road.

one of the steel coasters ended up way up here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23ApaUeR0vo

Hollwood

« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2014, 08:37:25 PM »
From what I understand, the flying carpet will be leaving for a new home down south in a few months.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #290 on: June 19, 2014, 11:04:27 PM »
It should just go back to its original home in Gilroy... along with the Circus Trees if they even survived.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #291 on: May 20, 2015, 03:08:24 PM »
Not much changes in a year on this topic, but I'm bumping this to remind people that it exists.

I haven't been listening too closely to the grapevine lately, but last year there were some more substantial rumors that HFEC was actively looking to do something on at least part of the property again. I don't think they'll do anything amusement related, but an aquarium, museum, or even potentially a resort could be a possibility. I think the change in leadership is probably really affecting things here, and they want to see how DW handles these next few critical years before starting another higher risk project again.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 18, 2015, 08:10:24 AM »
Just found this thread after I started another one in a different section -- police went to CC on June 17th and found the diner and gift shop had been vandalized. More info from Hometown Daily News radio:

http://www.hometowndailynews.com/2015/06/17/vandals-damage-two-buildings-at-celebration-city/

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 22, 2015, 07:18:07 AM »
I'm not one for rumors, but I have been told that the Celebration City site will be home for a resort with a large indoor water park. This is the first time I had heard something like this for the Celebration City site.....has anyone else heard anything like this?

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #294 on: December 22, 2015, 02:50:57 PM »
Everyone will tell you a rumor for the CC site. What matters is who's telling it.

Last respectable rumor I heard was the aquarium idea that was apparently brought up during a city council meeting. I'm not sure anything came of that though, since they were only researching the idea at the time.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #295 on: December 22, 2015, 04:03:09 PM »
Ripley's was wanting to bring an Aquarium to the Landing area and that's when HFEC said "but we already plans for one...and stuff".

I say bring in Landry's and build a pier.
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #296 on: September 30, 2016, 12:01:12 PM »
Ever since they Demo'd OzCat I honestly think they should just move White Water down there and with Roaring Falls still on site they can keep that ride for it.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 30, 2016, 04:43:23 PM »
Ever since they Demo'd OzCat I honestly think they should just move White Water down there and with Roaring Falls still on site they can keep that ride for it.

Move whitewater for the summer months then add skiing and a ice rink for the winter all built around a entertainment district.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 30, 2016, 05:55:32 PM »

Move whitewater for the summer months then add skiing and a ice rink for the winter all built around a entertainment district.

That would be great!

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 01, 2016, 08:58:58 AM »
The Problem with Moving White Water there is I really don't think there is an more land there than where they are currently at.   If they ever move it they would need to find a spot where they could expand the park.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey