Author Topic: Celebration City Developments  (Read 127428 times)

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration City Developments
« Reply #270 on: November 19, 2013, 06:02:31 PM »
The High Road 465 was supposed to connect to the junction of 265 & 165 next to the Chateau on the Lake and just before Table Rock Damn.  I remember reading John Q Hammonds sacrificed a planned golf course for his Chateau because this road was "going to happen."  I was pretty young back then, but I think some local people were really upset with the road thinking it would take tourists away from Branson.

As for CC- I like a lot of your ideas, but I think HFE needs to concentrate on SDC improvements such as finishing the parking lot upgrade and completely remolding the entrance and exit.  And there is other infrastructure that needs to be finished or improved if they want to continue to grow that park. 

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 19, 2013, 06:18:21 PM »

[/quote]

A mix between Downtown Disney and Kemah Boardwalk with more dining and retail options.
[/quote]

That would be cool!  I would frequent that during every visit.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 20, 2013, 08:01:25 AM »
I would like to see the "rough draft" for the routing of 465 south.  I don't see a functional way to get to Chataeu, after it would pass 365.....?

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 20, 2013, 09:27:42 AM »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 20, 2013, 09:57:45 AM »
Nice find backintime9, I had actually forgot about some of those buildings...

looks like it is ready to be opened up as a mini-mall!!!!!! 

LOL.......

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #275 on: November 21, 2013, 04:53:11 PM »
I would like to see the "rough draft" for the routing of 465 south.  I don't see a functional way to get to Chataeu, after it would pass 365.....?

I saw a map of the proposed route once, but can't find it now. From what I recall another bridge was going to be built across Table Rock or Taneycomo and it would intersect with 65 south of the 265/165 interchange. From what I've read lately it's pretty much be scrapped due to the cost right of way acquisition issues and construction costs due to the terrain. You might try googling ozark mountain highroad and see what you can get.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 21, 2013, 05:36:40 PM »
The only thing that may happen is a 4 laning of 76 from the overpass where 465 ends to the Shepard of the Hills Expressway/376.  That connection from the south that thelarsonsix mentioned is what I had read too but its going to be a long time coming. I do know that on busy days, the traffic will back up from 76 all the way down 265 to 376 cause I've hit it before.

I can see the desire on Herschend's part to have an expressway like that. Coming from Ark, it would be great for me. However, I don't see how that would effect folks going there. They are already having fight trailers and boats on  165 and 265 alt routes over the dam to get to SDC.

Unless they change the tune on that, they might as well list it for sale.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:16:42 AM by chittlins »

Super

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 21, 2013, 05:40:18 PM »
It's very sad to see the conditions at Celebration City.  When I'm in town on Sunday's we go to church at Woodland Hills Family Church located on the former property.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #278 on: November 21, 2013, 07:56:21 PM »
Hope you don't mind chittlins, but I'm pretty sure this is where you meant to post this:  ;D

Currently, work on Route 465 extends from Route 65 at the 65/F interchange to Route 76. According to Andrew Mueller, area engineer, MoDOT has not yet awarded contracts for bridges and paving. Work on the Ozark Mountain Highroad began in November of 1994. With a crew of approximately 20 currently on site, grading is running on schedule. The north section of Route 465 is estimated to be complete in 2004 to early 2005.

The south section, which crosses Lake Taneycomo and connects back to Route 65 south of Hollister, does not have an established schedule. Property acquisition is currently in progress. The total project cost is $164 million (property acquisition, $25 million; north section construction, $47 million; and south section construction, $92 million).

The total project includes 27.5 kilometers (17.2 mi.) of four lane roadway with 14.4 kilometers (9 mi.) in the north section and 13.1 kilometers (8.2 mi.) in the south; it also has seven interchanges, four ramps per interchange, numerous bridges, and miscellaneous drainage structures. What the job specs do not convey is the challenge inherent in the Ozark Mountains’ rugged landscape.

“We’re building roads on the roughest terrain in Missouri for road building,” Gayle Davis, resident engineer of MoDOT’s construction division, said. “The major challenge is the terrain.”

A total of 1.6 million cubic meters (2.1 million cu. yds.) of dirt will be moved along with approximately 2.8 million cubic meters (3.6 million cu. yds.) of rock in the north section from Route 65 to Route 76. Equipment on the current, active Morrison Knudsen project includes six Cat dozers, three Cat trackhoes, three drills, three 777 trucks, and a loader.

The first project was awarded approximately one year after location approval. Four of 18 separate contracts are now complete. Everyone involved with construction of Route 465 shares common project goals: To be completed on time, within budget and with quality work. The resulting roadway will significantly relieve the volume of traffic, according to Mueller.

http://archive.is/Zygjr
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 07:56:56 PM by thelarsonsix »
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 22, 2013, 09:01:20 AM »
Very cool video. I never got to go to CC as I didn't go to Branson between 2002 and 2010, but looking at the video I wish I could have gone at least once.

Hannabelle

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 03, 2013, 02:16:07 AM »
I wish CC wasn't closed down because I had such fond memories of the place.
But I would love to see a zoo/aquarium. Branson currently has two zoo type buildings but the prices of the quality you get are just not right.

But I do trust HFEC will utilize the left over land to good use.

Super

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 03, 2013, 09:32:38 PM »
Screamscape had a teaser today about CC

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #282 on: December 03, 2013, 09:43:12 PM »
Don't read too much into it and/or get your hopes up
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #283 on: December 03, 2013, 10:32:46 PM »
Lance reports that there is a rumor about a group potentially buying the place to turn it into a "mini" amusement park of sorts. There's no telling what that really means. Seeing as much of the reason for HFEC buying the park in the first place was to stifle competition, I don't think they're going to sell it to someone trying to get into the amusements business.

It just sounds like one of the many rumors that float around town occasionally. I have feeling they'll only increase as the park continues to sit dormant for the next five years to a decade.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #284 on: May 08, 2014, 12:28:55 AM »
Keep an eye on the park as two of the remaining rides will be leaving soon.  One will end up at SDC, the other has been sold.  Cannot give specifics yet, but I think you can figure it pretty easily. Feel free to discuss, but I won't be able to confirm/deny anything for a little while yet. 
SWOOSH