Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 9183 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer Request
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 05:14:20 PM »
As you may have seen under the Anniversary Weekend thread, I fell last Saturday afternoon and broke my right ankle. Four to six weeks at home says the doctor. No anniversary weekend for me. Say a prayer, please. I'd also like to ask for prayer for a woman in our church who is suffering from terminal cancer. Probably only a few days to go for her. What I am going through is nothing compared to her. She has been a brave woman. Her name is Joyce. Thanks for any and all prayers. The good Lord knows us and our needs, he takes care of us. God is good. He has a master plan that sometimes we don't always understand, but we know his plan is always better than anything we might come up with.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 05:51:45 PM »
Ouch Junior, what a lousy turn for you.   I will be bringing you up as well as your acquaintance from church.
Vote to end 2020!

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 05:54:31 PM »
Sorry to hear that you're laid up for a while.  I know you were really looking forward to this weekend.  Prayers for your quick recovery as for Joyce.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 11:11:26 PM »
What a bummer, Junior!  So sorry to hear you'll miss the big reunion.  I'll be praying for both of you.
In His grip!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 06:09:50 PM »
Thanks, all!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 07:41:52 PM »
My wife and I lost our dear sister in Christ, Joyce, to cancer today. Please pray for her family. Her husband is having a difficult time with this. We will be attending her funeral Tuesday and hosting her family and our church members in our home that afternoon.

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 05:46:47 AM »
Junior, I will be praying for this family today. 
I need to give you all an update of my earlier prayer request.  The hearing lasted two days- Thursday and Friday-the judge to his credit wanted to hear all the evidence in the case.  It was, of course, blood versus bond.  We have had this little boy for 21 months of his 25 and he is part of our family.  The other family is second cousins once removed and they live 12 and 1/2 hours way from his home here-very little, if any connection to him.  The judge will be taking the weekend to study all the evidence and make his decision by the end of business Monday. 
Please continue to pray for this situation, we feel that the  move is definitely not in his best interest.  It will uproot him form the only family he has ever known and his community.
Vote to end 2020!

Twinsmom98

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 08:04:45 AM »
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family, Junior.  It seems that you have a had a rough patch lately but with God's help we can conquer anything.

We just have to trust him.

That is why I believe your family will be stronger mbrownx4 and will remain in tack.  I believe that you have to look at the bond that child has with the family.  Blood is not always better.  They could be involved in that child;s life - where were they 24 months ago? And I have some blood relatives that I would not want my children raised by!!

My daughters are just now really asking about their father.  I have always been honest with them.  He has not been involved in their lifes at all because he chooses not to.  That is sad for them but I respect him for that - I would not want him to be a yoyo father for them. 

I think we all have burdens to bear and I thank God I have a father I can call upon when they are too much for me to bear.  Keep the faith and God bless.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 09:03:48 AM »
Thanks for your support. I will pray for all of you as well. God always sets things right in the end.  :)

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 09:26:33 PM »
Friends, I'm sorry to report that the judge today decided that we would have to give up our little foster boy.  He will be heading out of state sometime in the next 2 weeks.  I'm glad to say that we did take him to Silver Dollar City a couple of times although at his age, he probably won't remember.  If you will, please keep remembering him so that he can make this adjustment with a minimum of distress or unhappiness.  Thanks for your prayers.
Vote to end 2020!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 09:36:53 PM »
I am incredibly sorry for your loss.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Twinsmom98

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 08:10:41 AM »
I am so sorry - I just hope they do right by the little boy.  I really hope the judge looked at all the factors and not just because of the blood connection.

Again, I am so sorry and I know it will be difficult for all of you including that little boy.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 08:59:02 AM »
My best to you and your family during this difficult time.

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 11:21:29 AM »
So sorry to hear that.  I hope that they will provide him with a positive foundation and that God helps to heal your heart.
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 06:59:09 AM »
Well, its been 3 months since we lost our little foster kid, David and it has been hard.  I miss him everyday and I guess that he will be in my heart for a long time.  But on a positive note, this month it was finally decided that we would be able to keep the other little boy, Alex.  We are praising the Lord for this and look forward to bringing him to SDC this fall.  I believe that we will formally adopt him on November 20th-National Adoption Day.  But I do want to thank all of you for your prayers and thoughts for us during this time.  Maybe one of these trips, he'll get to meet one of ya.  Until then, keep making those memories.
Vote to end 2020!