Author Topic: RiverBlast  (Read 2654 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
RiverBlast
« on: April 10, 2010, 11:08:54 AM »
We've heard good things about RiverBlast on sdcfans. Has anyone spoken with current park employees who work at the attraction? What kind of reaction is the new ride getting from the regular guests on park?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: RiverBlast
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 07:46:46 PM »
The reaction is - "man that was fun - but my arm is worn out from the crank on the gun"
SWOOSH

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 11:10:20 PM »
Ha! I guess since this is the "1880's" everything is hand driven, and there is no such thing as an automatic water gun. :D

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 11:39:48 AM »
Response for the sluice- as we have heard also on some of the boards on here- has been great too. I hope they have lots of sand and quarts crystals ready for the summer months! I assume they reuse the sand from the bags to offset the costs for the now bags. I am unsure of what exactly is set up there (as when I went it was raining, and not open!) But is the jewelry store from up near PK down in the ARiverblast area now? I am asking because it would work great for the kids to find the gemstones, and choose a few of thier cache for a necklace, or a keychain. Just a thought.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 09:30:15 AM »
Judging by the hour wait we had last Saturday I'd say the ride is doing great.  A little "secret" though:  you can get just as wet by finding a water cannon and shooting at the people on the boats.  That way you don't have the long wait and can go take a break, go to the bathroom, etc.
I'm Your Huckleberry