Author Topic: 2010 Trip Reviews  (Read 157960 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Trip Reviews
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2010, 04:54:06 PM »
I bought myself a couple pens & a mechanical pencil, the mug that's at the front of that first pic from Tinmann, the souvenir spoon, and a really cool magnet. All of 'em are themed to the 50th Anniv. Logo. Next time I'm there, I plan to get a shirt (they've got my color! [olive green]). Unfortunately, we couldn't find any ballcaps, but there weren't any PK caps either in the shop over by Fire in the Hole. It's possible they just haven't received any shipments yet...

At least, I'm hoping that's the case. I'm a major sucker for ballcaps. :)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2010, 06:07:41 PM »
Yeah, you can get a little crazy with the 50th anniversary shopping. I know I did. Jack Dawson's painting, two shirts, the Beverly Hillbillies DVD, and I'm going to get the book whenever they put it out on the shelves.

On Saturday I saw a 50th anniversary basket in the basket shop for 700 dollars!  :o

No, I did not add a zero by mistake...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 06:08:24 PM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2010, 09:50:43 PM »
BTW, how much is a print of that Dawson painting? I didn't get a chance to check 'em out when I was there.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2010, 10:17:29 PM »
Depends on the size, and if you want the 50th anniversary coin or not. We got a framed 16x20 with the coin for somewhere around 130 dollars I think. Sorry, but I can't remember the exact price off the top of my head.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2010, 11:21:58 PM »
That's okay. Thanks for the info you were able to give. I'd love to get it with the coin... I wish they were selling the coin on its own, darn it.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2010, 01:22:41 AM »
Sorry, the shirt & button isn't for sale, but you can buy the patch, along with I think 4 others. Now, back to Roll Call:  Anyone attending opening weekend for Worldfest?
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2010, 07:23:22 AM »
I won't be there. I'm heading up to KC to see my great aunt and uncle; it'll probably be my last time to ever see them, as both are in dire health. Plus, I get to see my mom, sister, bro-in-law-to-be, and my niece for the first time in three months! Been WAY too long!

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2010, 07:56:02 AM »
I forgot part of my review!

The measuring station is great!  They have really nice (like better than a docs office) measuring sticks and each kid gets a color coded wrist band.  Then the parent gets a sheet that tells them which rides that height is qualified for.  Written on the wrist band is the person who measured them, the height, and what kind of shoes the kid had on. 

And I noticed later in the day when we were in line for FITH that the Far Cheef, just glanced at the wristband and knew our daught could ride.

Speaking of FITH, Jaz is going to be a treat to have in there.  She was already excited to have the kids pet her and seemed to do a good job of listening (for a 3 month old).  And I was glad to see the picture "memorial" for Buckets.

"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2010, 09:38:48 AM »
When watching new SDC vids on YouTube the other day, I was wondering what the wristbands were that kids were wearing. Now I know. That's awesome!

Is it weird that now I'm anxious to take my niece to go get measured? I dunno that she'll be able to ride anything she couldn't last summer... The poor girl is so tiny. LOL

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2010, 06:02:17 PM »
I've rode FITH five or six times already this year and still haven't got to see the new dalmation! Is she only there during certain times of the day?

I also liked the "memorial" for Buckets.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2010, 07:00:53 PM »
The measuring station is great!  They have really nice (like better than a docs office) measuring sticks and each kid gets a color coded wrist band.

Oooh!  That would be a great theme for the measuring station - an 1880s doctor's office!

As for the cow, I'd love to see a live cow milking in the area at scheduled intervals.  It would be more interesting and educational for the kids, too.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2010, 07:22:26 AM »
I never thought about theming the measuring station.  Our measure was a little disappointing, the oldest is 40 inches, so she got a 36inch wristband, and my youngest was 35 inches, so he is still relegated to the frogs and butterflies.  Maybe by the end of summer...

We saw the puppy both mornings up on the square and down at the ride shortly after.  Not sure if she is more of a morning girl or just coincedence.

Bringing up the milk cow reminds me, the barnyard was pretty empty.  Just a couple of goats and a couple of kids (goats).  No bunnies (on Easter weekend), no donkey.  I am sure that some of the goats were probably busy having kids (it is that time of year) but it was just a little but empty over there.

"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2010, 11:08:00 AM »
The way it was with Buckets was the when his owner was there he was there....   Copper...   Does the new puppy belong to the employee or the park?
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2010, 04:19:09 PM »
The City owns the dog and Jess is her caretaker.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2010, 04:29:43 PM »
Later on in Buckets' life she was only there on Saturdays.
I hope Jazz is there more often.
SWOOSH