Author Topic: 2010 Trip Reviews  (Read 158068 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Trip Reviews
« Reply #585 on: January 06, 2011, 09:12:42 AM »
hey ozark.. that should be our new theme song for the next 70 days or so... :o

"I'm so excited"... 

I hear the song, cant place the female artist..  LOL ;D

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 06, 2011, 09:25:25 AM »
The Pointer Sisters...   They sang it first.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 06, 2011, 09:50:13 AM »
thanks okla.!!!  i would never have been able to get that answer.! :-\

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 31, 2011, 05:09:27 PM »
Just wanted everyone to know that I talked to the manager at Eagle Lodge, and they will be doing the SDCFans discount this year.. Room rate is going to be 40.00 plus tax. No extra add ons for additional people.. all rooms have microwaves/fridge/coffee..  I have stayed here several times AND they can get you discounts on show tickets in town...  Talk to "Paige", Although they are not open yet,, she is in the office..She is not scheduled to open until April 1., But if a few of us were going to be there during spring break she will open on March 15th...  CALL HER!!!  Leave her a message if she does not answer..  here is her link..

http://www.eagleslodgebranson.com/

GeyserGulch33

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 12, 2011, 02:01:04 PM »
Went to SDC today!  The weather was perfect and starting out we could not even guess how many people would show up today.  We arrived about 8:30 and there was already more people there than I had ever seen at that time on a Sunday morning.  We started the morning by purchasing a few pin trading pins in the Hospitality House.  I asked the clerk how many people were they expecting and she said "well we had 15,000 yesterday and expected at least that many and probably a few more today".  Well we hit FITH and PK right off the bat because I knew it wouldn't take long for the lines to start to form.  We stayed away from the water rides because nobody really wanted to get wet.  We did go over to RB and the kids started shooting at this one family in a boat.  The mother I presume did not want her hair to get wet and started hollering "stop, don't, quit".  I really don't know what she expected riding RB and not expecting to get wet.  I really think she might have gotten physical if she could have gotten a hold on them.  Oh, well!  life goes on!  We then went over to the old WB site, but it still looks the same as it has all summer long, nothing going on as far as a new attraction.  I even asked a few citizens if they knew anything about any new attractions for next year.  They all said they had not heard anything about it.  So it looks like they are keeping it pretty hush, hush.  We caught the Sons Of The Silver Dollar and Canaan's Crossing (which were a pretty good bluegrass-gospel group).  We ended up getting tired of fighting the crowd and leaving about 3:30, saving our energy for another day.

SO YOU WERE THE ONES who unleashed the super-effective Hydro Cannon on my mom!!!!! Tell them good going, and I hope it happens again this summer... though I doubt it will be you guys if and when it does happen. :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 08:28:31 PM by GeyserGulch33 »