Author Topic: Silver Dollar City, TENNESSEE  (Read 3838 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Silver Dollar City, TENNESSEE
« on: February 25, 2010, 03:20:29 PM »
I got to digging around in my old scrapbooks again, and came across a 1978 brochure for Silver Dollar City, Tennessee...known today as Dollywood.
The Blazing Fury was the new ride (Tennessee version of Fire in the Hole) The brochure has a full park map in it, and you will not believe the adult ticket prices for '78! Five shots taken from the brochure are posted on my Flickr account at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/juniordugan
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sdcforever

Re: Silver Dollar City, TENNESSEE
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 04:23:52 PM »
I like how it says for more information you can write, phone, or ask anywhere in the Smokies. :)

slow_walker

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Rosey's Ramblings
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:52:27 PM »
Very nice!

Okay, that's it. You have inspired me to begin photographing some of my cool collected stuff. I've been buying postcards and brochures of Missouri/Ozarks/local places and attractions for quite some time now. I'm quite sure my collection is very tiny compared to Junior's. But I think I will begin photographing my items and sharing them on Flickr (and here if Junior hasn't arleady posted everything I have).

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 09:47:45 AM »
Several members have very nice collections, and have shared from time to time. RUBE DUGANS collection, what I've seen posted, is WONDERFUL. There are others, too. So post away...we all would love to see what it is you have in your collection. Photos, brochures, postcards, novelty items...post it all!  ;D
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 06:36:07 PM »
I've added the 1983 SDC Tennessee brochure to the flickr account. Also added a 1980 Whitewater brochure, and 1980 SDC MO season pass offer from Coke.