Author Topic: New map  (Read 5657 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: New map
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 03:55:10 PM »
The Pathfinder also says "Huck's Hidden Treasure Sluce" will be a feature adjacent to RiverBlast. You can "pan" for semi-precious stones. Reminds me of the old "Panning for Silver" children's activity in the 1977 season adjacent to Rube Dugan's Diving Bell. Life is like a circle. If it worked once, maybe we can tweak it and do it again! Hey, anything to attract a crowd.  ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 04:07:09 PM »
They've also brought back the Street Troupe!

So far they're certainly earning points with me and the season doesn't even start til tomorrow! Can't wait til Friday!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 04:51:32 PM »
^The Street Troupe performed last year too, but it was not on a set time in the Path Finder
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 07:16:56 PM »
Okay, I *thought* I saw them in passing last year, but there were no listings in Pathfinder. I wonder, though, if the fact that this new PF emphasizes a "return" means they'll be performing what they did in the 60s...?

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 07:17:49 PM »
My 7 year old (who visited SDC for the first time last summer) was shoulder-surfing while I was reading, and said, "Oh, HEY!, cool! Is that a map of Silver Dollar City?"

And then we had to go over every section of the park and what rides we'd been on, and what he had been too small for.  ;D

Now I've been entreated to find more photos and videos for the lad. Such is life as a middle-aged dad.  :D