Author Topic: lake next to lost river  (Read 3284 times)

cjfootball_89

• Hatfield
  • Proud SDC fan for almost two decades!
    • View Profile
lake next to lost river
« on: August 09, 2009, 01:24:30 AM »
I was at the park last week and i was on the bridge over the lake to get to the lost river and i got to thinkin to myself why doesn't SDC do something about the horrible smell of this water. It would be a lot more pleasant of a wait if they would treat that water to make it look nice and not smell so bad. Anybody agree with me. They need to do somethin' with that water!!!!! It stinks real bad.

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
Re: lake next to lost river
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 10:34:02 AM »
I guess all of this hot humid weather has created a new "soup". SDC strgenth has always been nature and beautification. I am sure if called to their attention by some it would be a quick remedy.

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 12:46:14 PM »
I also think that Lake Silver has fish in it.    That would complicate things when it comes to removing the algae.  We have a large fish pond and the stuff that says "won't harm fish", should say "will get rid of those pesky fish for ya"! 

On a side note removing the fish wouldn't be good either, as they make for great mosquito control.  I think some rain will cure it.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 12:47:46 PM »
I remember soo many fish in this lake when I was a kid. we would feed them from the shore near where Greedy Bros would begin their excursions (next to and behind the scrimshaw). I wondered last time if I had really fed fish there or if I had just imagined it, Nope I distinctly remember large orange Coy and others being in there at one time.

sdcforever

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 01:58:33 PM »
^They're still there.

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 04:11:41 PM »
So are you saying the fish are the cause of the smell ;)

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 12:11:54 AM »
I had forgotten about the fish.