Author Topic: Interesting Rumor Regarding Cheetah Rehab and OzCat  (Read 4823 times)

sdcforever

Interesting Rumor Regarding Cheetah Rehab and OzCat
« on: August 08, 2009, 01:25:54 PM »
From Screamscape:  "I got an interesting rumor for Wild Adventures this past week. While visiting the park one of our readers was told that Cheetah would be getting an extensive rehab over the winter months, replacing most of the wood sections and retracking it to give a smoother ride. Given Herschend’s relationship with GCI, it would only make sense that they will likely be bringing in an official GCI work crew to do the work.  This is where things get very interesting however, as they were told that the park has actually brought in the old Millennium Flyer train from the closed Ozark Wildcat coaster (Celebration City) but was unsure if they would be using it on Cheetah or not.  (Anyone know how many trains Ozark Wildcat had?)
    To date only coasters built by GCI have ever been allowed to run GCI Millennium Flyers, while Cheetah was one of the very last coasters to be built by CCI.  From what I’ve been told previously, GCI would refuse to sell their M-Flyer trains to run on any other manufacturer’s coaster. So this begs the question… if GCI comes in and rebuilds all of the track on Cheetah, would they certify it to run the existing M-Flyer trains?"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Interesting Rumor Regarding Cheetah Rehab and OzCat
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 02:36:04 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised, but at the same time, I would be a bit devastated. OzCat is truly one of the best GCII coasters to date, and I still have big hopes that it will be somehow saved and incorporated into something, like Belmont park.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 03:17:26 PM »
You don't think that they just sent a train down there to test if it was even possible?
I highly doubt that they would send the trains down there for good.
SWOOSH

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 04:13:50 PM »
Their is a lOT of wasted money in attractions at CC just sitting there- surely HFE would want to put those investments to work.

sdcforever

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 07:45:46 AM »
Well, it sounds like even though the OzCat trains are sitting at WA they will not be put to use on the Cheetah next year.  They will continue to rehab Cheetah, however, and it's possible the trains might be put to use on Cheetah in 2011.  But, and this is a wild guess here...is it possible that HFE might be considering moving OzCat to WA in 2011?  I'm not getting my hopes up, but I do have to wonder... :)