Author Topic: SDC FANS COMMITTEE  (Read 3117 times)

bfork1

• View Profile
SDC FANS COMMITTEE
« on: September 11, 2010, 05:09:07 PM »
What about approaching the HFE Board with the Idea of an advisory Sounding Board made up of long time visitors of SDC to bounce off Ideas etc for long term projects?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC FANS COMMITTEE
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 05:21:47 PM »
Sorry, but that is not at all something they would be interested, for a multitude of reasons.

Long time visitors are often not the target anyway. They're looking for new customers, which I suppose is why so many of the surveys go out to new visitors. The company is looking to make more money, not appease the nuisances of a small group of hardcore fans. That's just something you have to remember when you see the park changing in various ways.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 11:42:58 PM »
Believe it or not, I think we are probably yet too small of a group of devoted fans...we come from diverse locations and probably don't have enough pull to sway them in any way. However, I know they do view this site and see what we are all saying and thinking, which is nice. They have recognized this site, probably because even though we sometimes get a bit critical, we overall love the park and are huge fans that go back again and again. 
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 10:43:24 AM »
Long time visitors are often not the target anyway. They're looking for new customers...The company is looking to make more money, not appease the nuisances of a small group of hardcore fans.

Precisely! As critical of the park as some of us can be at times, we are also very devoted, and loyal customers. Silver Dollar is more interested in bringing new faces to the park to increase revenue. Because we are return visitor's, we are already "in the bag" so to speak.

However, I do think Silver Dollar City needs a better grass roots program with their customers. Sure survey's help, but I think their survey's are so hit, and miss that it does not provide an adequate cross section of people.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »
They began surveys of folks leaving the park when I worked there...probably began around 81 or 82. I personally thought at the time it was a nusance to be approached by someone asking questions back then, but apparently I was in the minority. Now, they do the mail out surveys, and watch closely the comments they get on phone and in the mail in the form of customer letters. I did not see it this year when I was on park, but for years they had people posted in that strip of territory between the hospitality house and the Ozark Marketplace doors that took surveys of exiting guests. I do know this, they want input from customers, they want you to come back, and your comments influence the way they do things.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"