Author Topic: SDCFans Teachers  (Read 100833 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: SDCFans Teachers
« Reply #330 on: December 22, 2010, 08:16:13 AM »
Teachers, you don't get to hear this enough. Thanks so much for what you do for the kids. You are helping the young generation get prepared for life! (Too bad some of the parents don't put in the effort raising their kids that you all do at work everyday.)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 23, 2010, 10:44:48 AM »
I just want to say...

I'm finally out!!!!!   :)

Also, thanks Junior for the nice message for teachers. 

Merry Christmas!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #332 on: December 23, 2010, 11:33:40 AM »
Just out?  Man I've been out half a week already.
SWOOSH

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 24, 2010, 12:20:59 AM »
Yes, today (Thurs.) was our first full day off.  I knew some of you had been out for awhile.  Maybe we'll start summer vacation before you do.   :)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 24, 2010, 09:15:34 PM »
<--- Out of school May 18th ;D
SWOOSH

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 24, 2010, 11:57:32 PM »
<--- Out of school May 18th ;D

What!!??

We're supposed to be out May 19th!  I need to scroll back and see when you started.  Or, do you get a spring break?

Oh well.  I'm hoping for no snow days this year, and the almanac seems to say it's possible.  I'm usually pretty excited for a snow day, but we may just make a road trip to the Mouse this year, and the earlier the better, I say.

Merry Christmas, teachers!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 25, 2010, 12:02:06 AM »
We started August 19th.
We get Spring Break in late April.
SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 03, 2011, 09:51:19 AM »

Billy Madison: [singing] Back to school. Back to school, to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool. I got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight, I hope I don't get in a fight. Ohhhh, back to school. Back to school. Back to school. Well, here goes nothing.

Yes I am back...well no students today, They arrive tommorow. Today is a work day that includes a chili cookoff that I organized. 12 chilis...Good thing there's no kids, they wouldn't be able to stand the aftermath!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 03, 2011, 04:34:59 PM »
Had kids back today and classes went fine.  However my body decided that I needed to lose my voice today, so that made lecturing interesting to say the least... and for those of you that say "hey wait a minute, I thought you were a band director" - I am, but I also get to teach music appreciation and there is still some verbal instruction that occurs with band too. :P
SWOOSH

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 07, 2011, 06:57:11 PM »
Yes!  It's Friday!  This first week back nearly killed me...

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 16, 2011, 08:45:30 AM »
I'm thankful for all you teachers.  You have a tough job, but ultimately very rewarding, I presume.  A friend posted this on FB and I thought I'd re-post it here for you guys and gals.  I'm sure you've seen some variation of it, but it's still thought provoking, and sad.

--A boy writes a letter to God. "Dear God, why do you let bad things happen in our schools?" God replied " Dear Son, I'm not allowed in your schools."--
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 16, 2011, 09:27:52 AM »
zephon,

""""""""--A boy writes a letter to God. "Dear God, why do you let bad things happen in our schools?" God replied " Dear Son, I'm not allowed in your schools."-- """"""""

aint it the truth!?!?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #342 on: January 16, 2011, 12:44:48 PM »
He's allowed in my classroom, and there is no law to keep Him out.  It's just that some don't realize He's there.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 16, 2011, 01:33:17 PM »
He is in mine, but I have to tread lightly unfortunately. Being a public school World History class to exceptionally gifted kids-geniuses), I have to teach the basics of Greek & Norse Mythology, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Shintoism, Mormonism, Judaism, and Christianity (with a few others sprinkled in). The kids know upfront what I believe, and we openly discuss the similarities/ differences, how  each originated, how each approach different conflicts/ world issues, and it rounds them out to more understand themselves, and their Faith, as well as the opposing viewpoints of others. Certain times walking in, you would think it was a world religions/ philosophy course, but it is all in our text, and MO state curricula! And as difficult as it is to stay impartial, sometimes personal opinions come out (both theirs, and mine on occasion), and we openly discuss different viewpoints. I couldn't do what I do without HIM in my class, by my side.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 17, 2011, 06:39:02 AM »
Way to go, guys.  The truth is out there, and sadly, many kids get no exposure to it at home.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"