Author Topic: SDCFans Teachers  (Read 100810 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: SDCFans Teachers
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2010, 10:45:55 PM »
Grades are in.  It took most of the day yesterday to fill in all the plusses and checkmarks for individual skills.  I had to go to the school to pick up my extra credit records before the family got together for a New Year dinner out.

Now it's back to the grind, with meetings all day Monday and the kids returning on Tuesday.  I'm praying for enough snow tomorrow that we will have a snow day on our meeting day.  That would be so awesome!!!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2010, 06:10:14 AM »
I'm still working on my grades, but they aren't due until Wed.  In fact, I'm still grading my theme park projects--Ahh!I wish we had meetings Monday.  We never have inservice after break anymore.  We just jump right back into things.  Oh well.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2010, 10:27:26 AM »
Yeah, we jump right back into the fire on Monday.  Still trying to decide the level "intensity" I want to do.  I hate being the only teacher (most of the time) that feels the need to actually push my students to get back in gear and back into the swing of things as soon as we get back from and extended break.  Shoot I know some teachers in my district that will just "coast" all week and might actually start teaching the following week. 

Shoot I have pepband on Thursday and the following week the winterguard and the drumline go on tour.
SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2010, 09:34:46 PM »
We are back tomorrow, but that means 1/2 day meetings, chili cook off for lunch, and then 1/2 day to enter grades (of which I have already done). No young'ns until Tuesday. I began reading Teach like your hair is on fire http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0143112864/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0670038156&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1NKDD2YMHMAFZPCYVYZ9 and it has made me want to step up to try so much more in my classroom. I felt before like I already did so much. The break was short, 2 weeks, but it was enough for me to re-set a bit, and begin to look ahead for Semester 2 goals. I got maybe 2 of the items on my "things I want to do but keep putting off list" but that's okay, I will get to them! Good luck to all who are back in the trenches!

11 hours left of break, I am going to make it the best 11 hours of this year! Hopefully I will dream about SDC-those are always the best dreams, but it makes going to work that much harder!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2010, 09:40:58 PM »
The "powers that be" made the wonderful choice of making this first week back of school to still count as the 2nd quarter.  I have no idea why, it's never been done this way before, but talk about strange.  So here I was with my JH Music Appreciation class all finalized and wrapped up before break and I get the rude reality slap in the face over break realizing I have these kids for yet another week.... time to pull out a musical I guess.

So by the time I have these kids whipped back into shape at the end of the week, I get a new set the following week who will need to be whipped into shape.  Oh joy. *groan*

SWOOSH

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2010, 10:35:15 PM »
Woo-hoo!  No school for me tomorrow!  More time to work on grades without adding more stuff "to do" yet.  Plus, it's dang cold outside!!  Now I don't have to leave my nice, warm house.

I, too, dream of a spring trip to SDC.  I can't wait to take the baby and make more memories.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2010, 09:12:01 AM »
Well, I'm back at school, in between meetings, and I thought I'd add that we have NO HEAT in our building! No kids, but also NO HEAT!!!!!

sdcforever

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2010, 01:50:20 PM »
^Wow!  Sorry to hear about that. :'(

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2010, 05:00:24 PM »
First day back was a success.  The kids appeared to be ready to be back and back to a "routine" -- sure made for a nice day.

The best part?  Only 15 more MONDAYS until Summer Vacation :D
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2010, 08:29:48 PM »
^Oooo, I like the sound of that!!!

We had to have our little meetings - which were packed full of those wonderful ice breakers.  We just love getting paid to play hokey little games.  The cuter the games, the more "the kids love them", the more we seem to want to waste the taxpayers' money doing them ourselves.  We're adults!  And we dance around like five-year-olds.

Most of the schools around us were out for snow, today (like StacySue), but since we didn't have to run bus routes on our meeting day, the teachers still had to slip and slide to work.

Anyway, happy second semester everyone.  "It's a long way up when you're comin' from nowhere..."
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2010, 10:06:29 PM »
^We're still on 2nd Quarter until the end of the week (no we don't know why either)

Today was Day #84 of 174.  THE END IS GETTING CLOSER! :D
I guess that makes the 27th - Day #100, that's always fun with the elementary band kids.
SWOOSH

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2010, 10:25:40 PM »
No school again for me tomorrow.  If we're waiting for the great thaw, it's going to be awhile.

Rube, do you have to work tomorrow with no heat?  Or will it be "fixed" by then?

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2010, 09:12:48 AM »
Heat is working...unfortunately the kids are not! :-\

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2010, 06:07:41 PM »
I love getting emails like these from the supt.

Teachers / Staff,

During the "cold season" (which seems to be unending) please feel free to wear jeans, sweats, etc. To define “cold season”, a forecast of +20 degrees or below should be sufficient.

Sorry, I didn’t get this sooner.

Mr. Lake

SCORE!   ;D
SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2010, 10:19:05 PM »
No School, I guess the snow dance the kids were doing today paid off for them!