General Category > Random Talk

SDCFans Teachers

(1/90) > >>

StaceySue:
I know several of us are teachers.  I went into my classroom today to get started since I never seem to have enough time during inservice.  I plan to go back tomorrow, and then I hope I'll be able to stay away until next week.  Our inservice is Aug. 13-14.  School starts for the kids on Aug. 17.

I can't believe it's time already!  I'm excited as a teacher can only be at the beginning of the school year.  Everything is so full of hope and promise.

This year, I will only teach two weeks or so, and then I'll go on maternity leave. 

This may sound crazy, but we hope to take a day trip to SDC before my maternity leave is up in Oct.  Then, we've booked our Nov. weekend trip already for Christmas.   Time seems to be flying by.

So, teachers, I hope you have an awesome year!

Swoosh:
Well as the resident band director, you probably already know that we really never have a summer break, we just sort of put things on hold long enough to run away from town for a week or two of "anything but band" related stuff.

We have our in-service 17-18 and get kids on the 19th.  This year will be interesting as we are going from a 7 period day to an 8 period day.  That will shave some time off each hour in order to accomodate that last period.  We'll see how that works. 

Have a busy fall ahead of us with 7 marching competitions spread out in September and October... and when we're not tied up with that we'll be at Faurot Field on home game days to cheer on the Tigers.

Never really ready to go back, but might as well get it over with so I can get back on a routine... before we know it will be Christmas break anyway.

Joy:
I'm not a teacher, but I'm starting back to college the end of August after a three-school-year absence.... I'm kinda nervous, to be honest, which my friends and family would never believe. I'm one of those quiet, get-all-A's kinda students, but after being out of school for so long, I'm really nervous about getting back into the groove of things...

Good luck on the teachers' end; I know it can be rough. I've been close friends with a good number of my teachers, and it's amazing the trials and tribulations they live through just to be able to pass knowledge on to the next generation. I commend thee!

Joy

StaceySue:
Swoosh-  I really respect teachers who spend so much of the summer working.  I am friends with one of our FFA teachers, and that poor girl spends so much of her time on her job.  God bless ya!

Our speech season starts at the end of October, and we'll do the school play this year in December instead of November.  My summers are pretty much my own, though.

We kicked around the idea of adding another period to the day, but it's not going to happen this year. 

Joy-- You'll do fine in school!  I'm pretty quiet myself, and when I first started teaching, I really had to pretend to be this outgoing person.  I'm working on my Master's one night per week, and I am still pretty quiet in my classes.  I really only speak when I feel I have something to contribute.

Joy:
I'm just thankful I don't have any more science or math classes to do. From here on out, it's all classes I am actually interested in. I'm still shocked that I aced my Public Speech class... Didn't see *that* one coming...

At least the majority of the classes have to do with writing, so that's a very "quiet-person" type thing.

Joy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version