Author Topic: Andy Miller  (Read 2776 times)

Mrs. Gumper

• View Profile
Andy Miller
« on: August 03, 2009, 06:35:30 PM »
While  working on a project with the late great SDC Theme coordinator Andy Miller, I asked him a question. I commented on how he had designed so much of the atmosphere at SDC, and I asked him, as an artist, did he put himself in any part of the City. He said, "yes, come on I will show you where I am."

He took me to Grandfather's Mansion, and he directed me to look at the window over the entrance. The window had a curtain that mechanically opened and closed and a face of a man looked out to create a "peekaboo" effect. Andy said, "see that man looking out the window through the curtain? That's me."

I was wondering if Andy is still peeking out the window?
Some of these days.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
Re: Andy Miller
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 07:28:25 PM »
I used to be mesmerized by that nice little touch.  I haven't seen "grandfather" Andy in a while.  I miss that and the waterfall (not to open up wounds about that again)
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 01:44:37 AM »
I had never noticed the man pulling back the curtain until today even after all of these years.  The kids and I waited at the entrance to see, and I thought surely this had to be something that they took out years ago, but there he was.  The kids squealed with laughter when the man peaked out from behind the curtain.  
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 01:45:10 AM by Hatfield McCoy »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 09:32:14 PM »
I must admit I'm going to have to look for this one.  Sounds like the Snow White queen looking out the window at Disney.  It's nice to know there's something I haven't spotted yet.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 12:45:28 AM »
I must admit I'm going to have to look for this one.  Sounds like the Snow White queen looking out the window at Disney.  It's nice to know there's something I haven't spotted yet.

It actually had a little bit of a "Freddy Kruger" look to it from a distance.  I was relieved that the kids squealed with delight instead of fright.  I might have made for a tough sell to get them to go in.   ;D  They loved the "Grandfather's ole' Mansion" as my three year old calls it, and we would probably be still in there if they had their wish.