Author Topic: How was your trip?  (Read 45995 times)

docspeleo

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Doc on Lantern Tour
    • View Profile
Re: How was your trip?
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2009, 02:18:39 PM »
And I'm hoping to get down to Marvel Cave on Sunday and get on Doc's tour. It'll be the first SDCFan member I'll have ever met!
Joy

Probably not.. i've got your picture at the desk and told them to make sure you don't get in on my tour! ;-)
hahahhaha
Former Cave Guide 2006-2011

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2009, 02:43:24 PM »
LOL!

And *that* is why I can't wait to take your tour. You have a crazy-awesome sense of humor!

Joy

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2009, 05:44:35 PM »
I think he does not want any of us on his tour because he has to make sure not to miss anything.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2009, 07:03:31 PM »
I promise to be vewwy, vewwy quiet. You won't even know I'm there. *shifts eyes*

Okay, maybe you will, as I'm probably gonna be the straggler at the back of the group, huffing and puffing before we ever even make it to the Huff'n'Puff staircase... The last time I toured Marvel Cave, I got worn out far more than I thought I would.

Oh wells, I just can't wait to get to SDC on Sunday. It's gonna be fun, fun, fun. I wonder how tall my niece is now, though... Dunno if she'll be tall enough for anything beyond the train and the Flooded Mine. Girl is 16 months old, and still fits 9/12mo clothing. She's got the build of a gymnast.

Joy

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2009, 07:08:19 PM »
I'll be at SDC Fri-Sun next week ( Jul 31-Aug 2) but don't expect any pictures...my $300+ camera is now somewhere in a waterfall in the mountains of Colorado...I went up to photograph an old mine shaft, and on the way back down, my camera went MIA, I am assuming when I crossed the water, it fell out since I backtracked 3-4 times to find it with no success...needless to say I was pretty bummed out about it, and the 1GB memory card in it, let alone all the photos of our crew mountain climbing and exploring... BUT I am still going to the city cameraless.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2009, 07:13:16 PM »
^Wow, that really sucks, you'll just have to write an extra-long trip report to make up for it!    :D

Seriously though, let us know how much they've progressed on the splash battle. Hopefully they'll be something noticeable by then.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2009, 06:56:53 PM »
Maybe since I don't have a camera I will bring along a courtroom artist to draw all of the happenings and follow me around all day!

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2009, 09:12:13 PM »
I'll be there Sat & Sun, after I take pictures for the Ozark Empire Fair;  i bought a new camera, I'll loan you my old Sony, it seems to take better pictures! ;D
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2009, 10:44:45 PM »
I'm gonna be there tomorrow (plans had a little snafu and we weren't able to go today). Can't wait for Moonlight Madness--riding Lost River in the dark sounds like such BRILLIANT fun!

Joy

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2009, 03:20:02 AM »
We took a little daytrip to SDC today for Moonlight Madness.  I posted about it on the Branson Board.  It was a last minute thing.  We had a great time.  Rides kept shutting down off and on for lightning, but it didn't rain and the rides always opened again.  It was humid, but not unbearable. 

It didn't feel too crowded, but maybe the lightning issues caused some people to leave.  Sometimes, rides were only running one train.  I think that caused lines more than crowds.  I'd certainly go again!

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2009, 12:21:25 AM »
I was there Monday as well StaceySue!  There were A LOT of folks that left once the rides started shutting down.  I was checking on going on the cave tour when this flood of people hit us.  We simply walked around and checked out the shops a while, then they opened all the rides back up and we were back in business.  Stayed there from opening till closing.  First time I ever spent 12 1/2 hours in the City!  What a blast.  We ended up taking the final tour of Monday night at 8:30 and the bats were crazy at that time.  I almost was hit several times during the tour. :o

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2009, 12:44:49 AM »
We were there Monday, but left around a quarter after 7. We had gotten there just before noon and had done quite a bit. It just wasn't getting dark fast enough, and my niece was getting cranky (tired herself out), so we went ahead and left, especially since the rides kept getting closed and opened and closed and opened. Just didn't feel like waiting around.

I gotta say, though... When the first round of ride closures happened, we went over to Fire in the Hole, and that was the longest I've EVER waited in line for that ride (that I can really recall).

I wonder if any of us ran into each other and never realized it... Here's the pics I have from our day; there aren't a lot, and there isn't one of me. I'm heavyset, I'm a redhead, and I was wearing a KC Royals T-shirt, and when not in line for a ride, I was wearing my glasses and green neon SDC cap.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/album.php?aid=2010855&id=1582655832

Also got my Flooded Mine score on there... Pretty good, considering I did it one-handed (I can imagine getting carpal tunnel if I did too much one-handed shooting with those guns; the triggers are a tad hard to pull), since I had my other arm around my niece, making sure she stayed seated.

Joy

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2009, 12:19:55 PM »
Wow, Dewey!  12 1/2 hours!  I never would have made it right now.  Next year, maybe. . .

You know, when my group of folks were waiting in line at Wildfire at around 9:00 p.m., I saw several bats flying above the line of people outside just before we got inside the que building. 

Joy, I always wonder if board members are there when I am, too.  Since I couldn't ride much, I had more time to just sit and watch people enjoying the evening.  I did ride Flooded Mine, though. 

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2009, 08:24:40 PM »
I am in fri-sun, looks like rain sometime sat, so I am going to venture out in the moonlight tomorrow, and then probably come back in on Sunday. Depending on the weather heck we might be in all 3 days, It isn't like there is anything else worthwhile to do in Branson!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2009, 06:53:25 PM »
Great weekend. We were able to do soo much in the 2 days that we were there. I visited the exterior of CC for some much needed photos, and had a nice long talk with the Security Guard there about the funny happenings and hoodlums they deal with on a daily basis-go figure big un-staffed roller coaster w/in walking distance of so many hotels!My favorite was a story of 2 women who were attempting to climb the lift hill of the Wild Cat to have their picture taken of them at the top!!! I took photos until the storms rolled in, and was forced to retreat for the time being.We took the lantern tour on Sat (my second time, my wife's first. Unfortunately Doc was running the 4:30 tour we had the 4:00- but Steven was great, and the tour lasted 2:15!!! Talk about your moneys worth. We attempted to stay in for some night riding, but the amount of people coming into the park, and the amount of people already in line DEFINITELY outweighed any thought of staying in past 6pm. We took a few laps on Sunday to buy our essential driving snacks and a few other items, and I was able to meet up with TinMan and talk SDC for a few minutes Unfortunately the drive back and TM's hectic schedule did not allow us much time, it was great to put a face to yet another SDCFAN! Hope to be back in town soon enough!