Author Topic: Waikiki Wave  (Read 777 times)

colbrocol

• View Profile
Waikiki Wave
« on: June 05, 2024, 03:50:52 PM »
Forgive me for sounding dumb but just had a couple questions.This last weekend was my first trip to White WAter in close to 10-15 years. I know they took Bermuda Triangle out for Kapau but a couple things i noticed. Did they change the name from Raging River Rapids to Waikiki Wave to fit more of the hawaiian theme? And looking at the end pool of that slide. to the left of the tan slide it looks to be two indentions in the wall like old ride channels. Any ideas on if they redid those or just from an old slide. Thanks yall

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Waikiki Wave
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2024, 01:02:25 AM »
That pool has been like that since before 2012 (I’m looking at old photos).
SWOOSH

Irrumater

• View Profile
Re: Waikiki Wave
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2024, 10:22:47 PM »
The indentions go WAY BACK. There was a ride , I think the name was Hurricane Rapids That came out into that pool before being replaced hy the tan and blue alides. These were 2 paths, slow float with short drops from pools. You can still see the entrance area from the top of the current slides, filled im with gravel. This was one of my favorites as a kid.
They was also a pipeline slide that came out on the far left side of the pool, near thr building,  with a drop out the end into the pool.