Author Topic: 2nd Chick-Fil-A open  (Read 1208 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
2nd Chick-Fil-A open
« on: December 22, 2023, 04:12:33 PM »
Branson's 2nd Chick-Fil-A recently opened on the strip next to the Americana Theater.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd Chick-Fil-A open
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2023, 04:49:00 PM »
Just what I am looking for on the strip, not.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2023, 12:00:54 AM »
R. I. P. Traffic flow.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2023, 08:25:41 PM »
I honestly do not get the whole Chick Fil A deal.  I have eaten there a few times and it is OK but not something I would flock to like it seems people do.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 10:41:15 AM »
I honestly do not get the whole Chick Fil A deal.  I have eaten there a few times and it is OK but not something I would flock to like it seems people do.

Haha.."flock to"...

I'm not a big fan of their food, but I don't hate it either. It's fairly expensive - but I've never had a bad experience there, the drive thru (even with long lines) moves fast and efficient. So, I think most people are there because of that? My preference on fast food chicken is KFC or Popeye's because I can get potatoes and gravy...I love dipping my chicken into gravy...my kids however hate Popeye's so I have to eat that alone.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2023, 06:11:23 PM »

Haha.."flock to"...

I'm not a big fan of their food, but I don't hate it either. It's fairly expensive - but I've never had a bad experience there, the drive thru (even with long lines) moves fast and efficient. So, I think most people are there because of that? My preference on fast food chicken is KFC or Popeye's because I can get potatoes and gravy...I love dipping my chicken into gravy...my kids however hate Popeye's so I have to eat that alone.

My people!  I always fell in the minority on their food, but I do appreciate their service and employee training.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2023, 02:03:25 PM »

Haha.."flock to"...

I live in a city with CFA right across from Popeyes, I like Popeyes food better but with 3-4 cars in the Popeyes drive through it takes 45+ minutes to get through. at chickfila I think our location usually does 80+ vehicles in that same 45 minutes. So count me in the it's the service/speed not the food group. the KFC's in my city seem to be just clean enough to not be shutdown for health code violations.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2023, 04:05:14 PM »

I live in a city with CFA right across from Popeyes, I like Popeyes food better but with 3-4 cars in the Popeyes drive through it takes 45+ minutes to get through. at chickfila I think our location usually does 80+ vehicles in that same 45 minutes. So count me in the it's the service/speed not the food group. the KFC's in my city seem to be just clean enough to not be shutdown for health code violations.

I think the only thing keeping KFC afloat is the Chinese market, apparently its huge over there.

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2023, 10:50:11 AM »
KFC is huge in the UK where I live too. They are everywhere. KFC and McDonald's are the 2 dominant US chains here. Five Guys is here too (And just as expensive!) and they've just opened a few Taco Bell, Wendy's and Popeye's restaurants.

I will say that I didn't much like KFC food in the US. I preferred Popeye's. But the breading and all is different here in the UK and I really like it.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2023, 07:20:43 AM »

I think the only thing keeping KFC afloat is the Chinese market, apparently its huge over there.

My Popeyes is very efficient. Never spent more than a few minutes in line and like yours is directly across the road from CFA. I never got the CFL thing either. Prefer me a spicy Popeyes any day if I'm in a hurry but their bone in spicy chicken is addictive. Glad I am 20 minutes away.