Author Topic: SDC gets sued  (Read 1410 times)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Re: SDC gets sued
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 10:17:35 PM »
Cant say I'm surprised. I have seen several comments on the FB page complaining about getting hurt on the ride. It was only a matter of time before a lawyer got hold of one of them. It will probably get settled out of court.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 02:18:18 PM »
On average, don’t they get sued at least once a day?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2023, 09:59:08 PM »
I will say I am not surprised either.  I think that ride is a turd actually.  Anytime I have ridden it, it seems really rough.  We took our 14 year old on it last season and at the top of the lift when just as it started out the chute his lap belt came undone.  I am really not sure how that happened as it was for sure secure when we left the station.  He was freaked out and basically went down the drop unsecured.  I also seem to recall a post or story somewhere about some people getting hurt on it and them shutting it down for a while.  Maybe this is related.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2023, 11:13:35 AM »
I don't understand Mystic River Falls at all and I'm so disappointed that the ride has been so problematic for them after all the expense and effort they put into it. It's such a beautiful attraction, but badly engineered all the way through. I've only been on it once myself since the lines have almost always been 2 hours long if it was even open, but I do remember it being strangely aggressive. I thought that was kind of awesome though. It's odd that so many people are getting injured on the drop specifically. The reviews are very mixed and there are a lot of head scratching comments about roughness and poor restraints. Rapids rides don't typically have these issues.

I'm still upset about it having such low capacity despite higher capacity being one of the main selling points of the ride.

I imagine at some point in the somewhat near future the ride will be reconfigured somehow. Maybe sooner than later if these lawsuits pile up. It would not be difficult to cut the tower/drop out of the layout and turn it into a more traditional river rapids ride.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2023, 04:13:43 PM »
That was my thoughts too. Between the downtime and other incidents it's BSF all over again. I expect after the FITH project they may revisit it and change something out.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 04:16:58 PM by sdcfan88 »

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2023, 04:43:17 PM »
The drop/slide out at the bottom was significantly changed last season and is significantly less abrupt than when it first opened. I honestly don’t see an issue with how aggressive it is post that change, before the change, the ending was very aggressive. The spinning on the slide portion also seems to be less aggressive than at first.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2023, 08:57:57 PM »
Perhaps it would have been much cheaper to just repair the channel on the old ride instead of having to have the newest tallest fastest most complicated whatever.