Author Topic: Lisa Rau leaves SDC  (Read 1107 times)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Lisa Rau leaves SDC
« on: February 19, 2023, 03:57:16 AM »
The 30 year face of SDC's Publicity Dept. Lisa Rau is leaving SDC to work for the city of Branson.

"Rau worked at Silver Dollar City Attractions for more than three decades in representing the internationally-awarded theme park for more than half its existence. She is one of only two to have ever held the position of leading publicity efforts. During her tenure, she obtained prestigious awards including international Brass Rings (IAAPA) for public relations efforts, a Mid-America Emmy for video storytelling and several American Advertising Awards (ADDY) for broadcast advertising campaigns. Prior to Silver Dollar City, Rau was an award-winning news reporter with KYTV."

https://bransonmo.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1758&fbclid=IwAR3b4EDSTN5CxeiupTVtMuziwj1WG8vSDmowalzu9jWBGOoZaXcmWRpx_g0

She is a sweet lady. I wish her the best. I wonder who is taking her PR spot at SDC?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 04:00:10 AM by sdcfan88 »

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Lisa Rau leaves SDC
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 01:46:16 AM »
She is a sweet lady. I wish her the best. I wonder who is taking her PR spot at SDC?

Probably whoever thought that very awkward FB Live announcement about FITH was a good idea.

Sorry for my cynicism, and I hope she continues to do a great job for Branson.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 08:58:05 AM »
That's a big loss for SDC. Lisa was always a lot of fun and her long tenure shows how dedicated and skilled she was at it. She was always a delight at Coaster Christmas.

Hard to find new people who really "get" the park, especially working roles like Communications Director. Good chance they'll promote internally though.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 06:04:19 PM »
It is a huge Loss, she Loves the PArk and what it stands for,
All of the people she has networked with through the years,
All of the sources she has cultivated relationships with..

losing her could be easily compared to losing Brad Thomas, if he were to move on.