Author Topic: Universal Studios Texas  (Read 1261 times)

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Universal Studios Texas
« on: January 12, 2023, 10:39:29 AM »
Universal Announced a new park in Frisco Texas. It’s supposed to be smaller than their main parks and focused on kids/families.  I’m pretty excited about that being a half day drive away. Not much substance yet on what it will contain.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/business/universal-theme-park-resort-hotel-coming-to-frisco/3167638/

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Universal Studios Texas
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 02:09:07 PM »
Universal Announced a new park in Frisco Texas. It’s supposed to be smaller than their main parks and focused on kids/families.  I’m pretty excited about that being a half day drive away. Not much substance yet on what it will contain.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/business/universal-theme-park-resort-hotel-coming-to-frisco/3167638/

Not much in the way of thrill from the concept art outside a family coaster. Looks like a bunch of Dreamworks IP for the teeming.

It's an enhanced Legoland

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 08:15:09 PM »
I'm excited about it because it may lead to bigger and better....Heck, I'd like to have a Legoland in North Texas too.

There has been talk about Disney doing a Texas park and I think North Texas would be a great place to for Disney to branch out with a Disney "whole other county" theme park.

Jay

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 11:30:31 PM »
I'm excited about it because it may lead to bigger and better....Heck, I'd like to have a Legoland in North Texas too.

There has been talk about Disney doing a Texas park and I think North Texas would be a great place to for Disney to branch out with a Disney "whole other county" theme park.

Jay

Agreed. Although that Disney talk has been around since at least the 90s, so I’m not real sure there’s much substance to it. But I’ll still dream about it.

I do wonder if this will encourage SDC to expand a little quicker into a resort to make sure they capture the regional market before this gets built. I’m thinking particularly about a hotel/resort and park expansion. I think there’s a good section of people in Oklahoma and Arkansas that might consider universal Texas instead of SDC if it has amenities they are looking for(particularly onsite hotel)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 12:32:39 PM »
The site plan for it looks quite small... https://twitter.com/the_transit_guy/status/1614495231466000385

The IP itself will be a big draw, but it doesn't look like there will be many major rides, not to mention the narrowly targeted age demographic. I'll be very curious to see how popular this will be after the new wears off. I don't see it being a regional draw, although the whole area is really taking off with all kinds of things.