Author Topic: Your Travels Thread for 2023  (Read 4057 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Your Travels Thread for 2023
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2023, 08:26:11 PM »
I had an unexpected break in my schedule, so based on the temps this time of year I opted for a LA trip and included a trip up to SFMM. I had a surprisingly great time and operations were pretty decent all around, despite some slowness and Viper being closed. Everything else was open most of the time however, and I got multiple rides in on everything. I love how their coasters are on the longer side. West Coast Racers was a surprise to me - wasn't expecting it to be a mobius where you get to ride both sides with each ride. Apocalypse was the standout for me. Surprisingly good despite its reputation for being "rough".

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2023, 09:10:20 AM »

Whats for sure is a 10 day New England foilage drive the last week of Sept/first week of Oct. Got the flight and rooms booked for that already.

Still on the Books, I have managed to pencil in Lake Compounce and a session with Bolder Dash, lol. Depending on the timings of the living history tour at the Mark Twain House and Museum in Hartford, I may squeeze in Quassy and Wooden Warrior before heading  to Compounce as well.  None of the SIx Flags parks made the cut.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 09:16:27 AM by chittlins »

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2023, 11:07:48 AM »
Spur of the moment trip a week before my New England Hurricane Damage Tour.

Just me and the two young adults grabbed some cheap flights on Breeze from XNA and headed to Universal Orlando next Wed nite through Sat.  Thursday we'll do Islands of Adventure and the two new to us coasters before hoping on Hogwarts Express over to Studios to get in the Stay and Scream holding area for HHN. If the young adults want to spring for the after 11:30pm express passes, that's on them. I'm paying for the hotel . Friday, will be Disney studios mid day cause the oldest has never done Galaxy Edge.  If they want to leave and go to SEA World's event, that's up to them. Sat Morning we are tinkering with going to Epcot at opening to try and snag a ride on Guardians and do Soaring of course but maybe not. May just hit one of the Fun Spots or a Water Park . Our flight isn't till late afternoon.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2023, 11:14:04 AM »

Whats for sure is a 10 day New England foilage drive the last week of Sept/first week of Oct. Got the flight and rooms booked for that already.

Still on the Books, I have managed to pencil in Lake Compounce and a session with Bolder Dash, lol. Depending on the timings of the living history tour at the Mark Twain House and Museum in Hartford, I may squeeze in Quassy and Wooden Warrior before heading  to Compounce as well.  None of the SIx Flags parks made the cut.

Still a go in spite of Hurrican Lee. Flying out Sat Sept. 30th. Flying back on Oct 11th. Got a lobster boat excursion, a hot air balloon ride, and plane trip over Acadia booked.

Had a friend offer up his lake house on the Maine/New Hapmshire border for the entire trip. Most all day trips based from that location till the last 3 days.

Other notable stops Freedom Trail, Minuteman Historical Park, Fort Ticoderoaga, Saratoga Historical Park Acadia NP, Mark Twain House, Norman Rockwell Museum.