Author Topic: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 39671 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #300 on: March 12, 2024, 09:10:37 PM »
The biggest problem is that they have made the Bald Knobbers out to be a gang of thugs and seem to ignore that they were vigilantes.  I know that was inevitable, but I’m sorry to see them become 1950s comic book villains. 

As far as I know they were unhappy that the law was not being enforced and based together to enforce it themselves before everything devolved into violence, the establishment of another vigilante group - the anti-baldknobbers - and even more violence.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 12, 2024, 09:24:01 PM »
That is a horrible POV video and was taken when not all effects were even working.
Don't base your opinion on it. Wait until you have the chance to experience it in-person.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #302 on: March 13, 2024, 08:21:23 AM »
lol, there have to be a few changes over time. The original FITH certainly had a few changes over the years itself. I doubt they have the original recordings of the voices anymore. I know that's been an issue before. I think they lost some of the audio at Flooded Mine as well.

Just think, years from now we'll be complaining about changes to this new FITH, or perhaps our children will complain about them doing things to damage it's historic charm  ;D

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 13, 2024, 12:15:04 PM »
I don't want to be a party pooper, but should that link be allowed in these forums? We all know that it's out there. Heck, I've watched it myself. However, in years past this forum wouldn't allow things like that to be posted because taking the video was a violation of park safety rules.

I know this site isn't sanctioned or affiliated with SDC, but I believe we have always tried to do things to maintain good relations with the folks at the City.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #305 on: March 13, 2024, 08:14:50 PM »
Well, I knew someone would leak it out.  Here's the first published video of the new Fire In The Hole ride, that I've seen.

What makes me mad is the park literally said “or just wait until we post an official one” and the idiots still go and do it to get “clout” (in their minds).  This is the very reason why the coaster community is seen as toxic
SWOOSH

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 14, 2024, 08:13:54 AM »
Thanks for the Midwest Info Guide park update pictures. The City looks great, but my kids aren't going to be happy about the removal of the elevated platform at River Blast. That was their "secret" hideaway where they would go and eat a funnel cake.  ;D

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #307 on: March 15, 2024, 09:21:32 AM »
I don't want to be a party pooper, but should that link be allowed in these forums? We all know that it's out there. Heck, I've watched it myself. However, in years past this forum wouldn't allow things like that to be posted because taking the video was a violation of park safety rules.

I know this site isn't sanctioned or affiliated with SDC, but I believe we have always tried to do things to maintain good relations with the folks at the City.

I agree. I removed the link. I've always typically enforced this, but we don't have many stated rules around here. It makes sense not to post any POVs that break park rules. I haven't been to the city yet this year, but I imagine they have plenty of warnings about not recording on the ride, similar to the old FITH.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 15, 2024, 10:11:19 AM »
^ Thanks for deleting that, Shave.  It's important to keep this site one of integrity and respect for the City.
I'm Your Huckleberry

underdog250

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 15, 2024, 12:45:15 PM »
Thank you again Swoosh for the amazing photos and captions. That first soft opening morning many of the effects weren't working but that's half the fun. It was amazing and I loved it. It was well worth the 4? year wait. All the theories, leaks, everything made it so much fun to think about and dream. Is there another example of a theme park doing a reboot of an existing ride like this? I really can't think of any. That barrel-o-laughs update scene...WOW!  ;D

The only complaints I've heard from anyone so far is they wish the ride were a little darker. I'm sure in the coming weeks they'll tweak effects so I recommend withholding judgement until the official grand opening. I can tell the park truly cares about the guests want. Brad Thomas said at a presentation that they really try to listen to what people say on those email surveys so always fill them out and tell them what you want.

While I do enjoy rollercoasters my real passion is in well-themed dark rides and riding this made me feel like a kid again.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 12:55:25 PM by underdog250 »

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 15, 2024, 04:15:17 PM »

I agree. I removed the link. I've always typically enforced this, but we don't have many stated rules around here. It makes sense not to post any POVs that break park rules. I haven't been to the city yet this year, but I imagine they have plenty of warnings about not recording on the ride, similar to the old FITH.

Sorry everyone for the post!  I didn't know that was a rule, but understand the reasoning.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 15, 2024, 04:27:07 PM »

Sorry everyone for the post!  I didn't know that was a rule, but understand the reasoning.

No worries!

I respect your understanding.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 18, 2024, 09:06:00 PM »
Some notes from our visit on the last day of winter:

- Agreed:  FitH is not dark enough. We don’t like seeing the ceiling of the show building.
- On board audio is too loud to allow hearing of the external storytelling
- Is the new recording of the theme song anywhere?
- Do any of the mannequins move besides the one in the pond under the bridge?  We couldn’t tell what effects might not have been working.
- Is the water tower supposed to move?  Seems like it should.
- We thought the digital screen work was great, and I spotted some nice background artwork that added depth to the experience.
- All of the scenes seemed very close to riders, presumably to allow for more scenes and characters.
- Blowing up the water tower gave purpose to the final exclamation of the ride’s name. It wasn’t really clear why they shouted “Fire in the hole!” in the original.
- I missed the crickets at the beginning.
- I wish the sign at the beginning said Marmaros instead of Silver Dollar City.

I may nitpick, but all in all, we were pleased with the update.  It doesn’t feel as homespun or as homemade as the original, but we couldn’t expect it to.  Hopefully it stands up for a long time.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 21, 2024, 08:53:01 PM »
- The new theme song is in the queue line music mix in the loading station.
- The water tower is supposed to move, but I've not actually seen it in the times that we have ridden.
- I don't believe they move with the exception of the the one you mentioned, Red, and the on that switches the track before the train scene. I may be missing one though. They do not talk or anything.
- I agree, the projection/digital screens were done really well. They seem to really fit in.
- Along with the crickets, I need more whippoorwill!

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 21, 2024, 10:18:07 PM »
What are the chances that several aspects/effects simply aren't being revealed prior to the official opening? It seems like several who have been fortunate enough to grab an early ride have generally applauded the overall job with theming, but come away somewhat underwhelmed with the overall ride experience relative to SDC's largest ride investment to date.

Respectfully, what's the real point of a delayed official grand opening if they've already opened the ride and revealed it in full weeks before?