Author Topic: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 39725 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #285 on: March 06, 2024, 04:10:00 PM »
Fire in the Hole will soft open during spring break with intermittent operations.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 06, 2024, 06:36:31 PM »
Saw that on the fakebook

Irrumater

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 09, 2024, 01:21:12 PM »
Rode this morning. They did a GREAT job honoring the original ride and updateing the effects to last for years to come. Soft open so some effects were not working this morning, but I was excited to see the bridge fall again.

skyliner

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 09, 2024, 03:11:37 PM »
We were able to ride this afternoon and feel like they did a great job updating while sticking to their roots. Well done SDC.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #290 on: March 11, 2024, 08:17:27 AM »
Everyone seems to think it's a hit! I am planning on heading up there the first weekend of April to try it myself. Wasn't sure how the soft opening would go. Hopefully it isn't too packed out by then.

I've said since the announcement that this is exactly what I wanted them to do. The original FITH demise was inevitable, but it sounds like they understood the assignment perfectly and recreated it even better with all the necessary theme details and storyline.

Now the question will become, can/will they do the same for Flooded Mine...

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 11, 2024, 08:43:24 AM »
We rode it on opening day and they knocked it out of the park!

When we rode, the off board audio wasn't working, so we didn't hear all of the classic lines, but we did get the music track in the cars. Even without the audio, the ride was great. They did an excellent job on the sets and scenery. My favorite part from the first ride was the updated train scene! So good. Looking forward to hopefully catching a ride this week with everything working.

On Saturday, I posted a photo of new electronics in the guns on Flooded Mine. It also seemed like more elements than ever are working inside the ride. With the response that the photo got, I think it shows how much love there is for Flooded Mine; probably not quite as much as Fire in the Hole, but way more than what some people would expect.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 11, 2024, 06:26:26 PM »
For those who have rode it, how long would you say the new ride is compared to the old one?  Shorter or longer duration?  Drops about the same, more or less intense?

orangesandpeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 11, 2024, 09:54:50 PM »
It’s extremely smooth, with about the same length. The bridge drop is a lot smoother for sure. The collapsing  bridge effect is definitely bigger than the old one or Blazing Fury’s. With the ride building being taller, it takes advantage of the extra vertical space in pretty cool ways (  no more spoilers from me ;D ) I got 7 rides on it Saturday and walked away quite impressed. It’s a great blend of the old and new with a lot of little details that take multiple rides to catch. I think there will be a few that will miss the charm that comes only with age, but the current one hits the right notes in filling the old one’s shoes.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 12, 2024, 11:33:47 AM »
Haven't heard anyone mention the "Here's a Barrel of laughs" guy. Is that still apart of the new version??
You have a great past just ahead of you.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 12, 2024, 01:17:04 PM »
Haven't heard anyone mention the "Here's a Barrel of laughs" guy. Is that still apart of the new version??

It's been upgraded and was one of my wife's favorite scenes. No spoilers here...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 01:19:25 PM by mg »

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 12, 2024, 03:27:13 PM »
Well, I knew someone would leak it out.  Here's the first published video of the new Fire In The Hole ride, that I've seen.

ADMIN EDIT: Link removed. Let's not post anything that goes against park rules
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 09:19:39 AM by shavethewhales »

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 12, 2024, 04:04:56 PM »
To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed in the new voice recordings.  I wish they were more similar to the originals, especially the Red Flanders and the "fire in the hole!" parts.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 12, 2024, 07:33:31 PM »
Well OK.  I have to say I would take the old one over this new one hands down.  Maybe I will change my mind if/when I ride it.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 12, 2024, 08:08:16 PM »
If the voices are the only thing that is "bad" about the ride, then I think it'll be a great success for those young and old, even with heavy rose-tinted glasses.