Author Topic: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 39677 times)

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #210 on: November 15, 2023, 06:46:10 PM »
The old tracks were still there as of December 2021, when I got the experience of walking through the ride in the pitch black. (Creepy as hell). The scenes were gone from what I could tell, but there was still the track.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #211 on: November 16, 2023, 09:49:29 AM »
I'm trying to get an idea of how the new fire in the hole district will be accessible from the existing park. I know one end will be accessible from the fireman's landing but will it also be connected to Grand Exposition?

The connection will be where the little kiddie swings are currently. You can see the new location for that ride has already been prepared next to Lake Silver if you go into the Landing.

They won't be adding a pathway to GE - yet. Looks like they could easily add one, but they haven't done much with that back area yet. It is not part of the Christmas event this year, but I would wager they will activate that space more in the coming years. They really need to add some tree islands or something to it - I don't like that it feels like a parking lot.

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 16, 2023, 01:20:29 PM »
I'm trying to get an idea of how the new fire in the hole district will be accessible from the existing park. I know one end will be accessible from the fireman's landing but will it also be connected to Grand Exposition?

The connection will be where the little kiddie swings are currently. You can see the new location for that ride has already been prepared next to Lake Silver if you go into the Landing.

They won't be adding a pathway to GE - yet. Looks like they could easily add one, but they haven't done much with that back area yet. It is not part of the Christmas event this year, but I would wager they will activate that space more in the coming years. They really need to add some tree islands or something to it - I don't like that it feels like a parking lot.

Ugh.  So the new FITH will be another dead end street just like Grand Expo, the original FITH, and Outlaw Run streets. SDC really needs to work on connecting all the dead end streets together.  It would really help the flow of things.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 01:22:16 PM by jericho »

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2023, 02:59:55 PM »

Ugh.  So the new FITH will be another dead end street just like Grand Expo, the original FITH, and Outlaw Run streets. SDC really needs to work on connecting all the dead end streets together.  It would really help the flow of things.

And the Wildfire/Powderkeg dead ends. Access to Wildfire is significantly worse with the secondary entryway removed in favor of the new Fried Fancies dining area. The GP doesn't seem to be too happy either as I overheard several who were confused on how to reach it now. I mentioned these concerns when talking to the SDC staff during Coaster Christmas. Hopefully they will take this opportunity to consider it. Might be wishful thinking but I do believe they listen. https://rcdb.com/720.htm#p=41641
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 03:07:05 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2023, 03:55:00 PM »
I am hopeful they'll connect OR to the area vacated by the original FITH. The new FITH really does look like it is setup to eventually connect back to GE, but like I said they'll have to finish that back area first.

As for the wildfire/PK dead ends... it would be harder to connect them, but I feel like they could run a path between them. I'm surprised they haven't after all these years.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2023, 05:05:01 PM »
On the latter, all I see them needing to do is dig out that hillside just a bit in front of the WF queue and it would be a pretty easy connection, unless they already got another attraction in the works over there but at that point they might as well connect it all anyways.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 17, 2023, 08:42:55 AM »
Maybe if they connect the new FITH to GE they will do away with those awful dance parties. One can hope!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2023, 06:32:21 PM »
Maybe if they connect the new FITH to GE they will do away with those awful dance parties. One can hope!

Man, don’t I wish!!!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2023, 09:54:18 AM »
^^ Unfortunately those dance parties draw customers to the Harvest Festival like flies to, well, you know.  :-X
I'm Your Huckleberry

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 28, 2023, 06:48:49 PM »
The old retaining wall has been removed as work begins on the new Pretzel Dog restaurant.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #220 on: November 29, 2023, 11:16:35 AM »
I don't think we discussed it much on here, but that new pretzel dog restaurant is going to be huge. Kind of feels like they wanted something big to establish the area more. Possibly a lead up to adding more back in that area where the pumpkin dance party is. No more wooded walk unfortunately, unless you count the few tall cedars left hugging the pathway. I'm sure they'll eventually connect it all to the new FITH.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 29, 2023, 02:27:22 PM »
No more wooded walk unfortunately, unless you count the few tall cedars left hugging the pathway. I'm sure they'll eventually connect it all to the new FITH.

Too bad.  That had quickly became one of our favorite spots during the Craft festival at night. 

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 29, 2023, 03:25:51 PM »
I wish they would put a catfish restaurant somewhere.  I've requested this on the surveys they send out.  Maybe they could add them to the menu at the Dockside Grill.  Some catfish, hushpuppies, fries and slaw would be great.  A long time ago they did have a stand at the National Crafts Festival (that now is the Harvest Festival) that sold catfish dinners.
I'm Your Huckleberry

tmstephe

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 30, 2023, 09:01:38 AM »
I don't think we discussed it much on here, but that new pretzel dog restaurant is going to be huge.

It does look huge.  I hadn't seen this image before, but here's a drawing of the new pretzel shop from a presentation during ACE's Coaster Christmas event.  Can anyone add any more context?   I assume this front elevation is on the main path across from the Boatworks Theater.  Does the upper story on the right side cross the pumpkin path? 

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2023, 08:30:29 PM »
In an interview today they did say that the mural is moving to the new ride.