Author Topic: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 39667 times)

SDCisHome

• View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2023, 08:52:35 AM »
They should go ahead and re-do the powderkeg theme song while they are at it, lol.

I loved the PK theme song...I wish they would release it!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2023, 09:20:30 AM »
Not to take away from the hype of the new FITH, but something that has bugged me since the announcement is the coaster in the background on their announcement page. That IS NOT Wildfire or Powderkeg. The layout is all wrong. Other theme park and coaster enthusiasts have already caught onto it as well speculating that this is a terrain hyper coaster being teased. Might be a stretch but yet seems plausible. It would definitely give Mamba at WOF a run for its money which I suspect SDC would try to do now that WOF finally got a new major coaster. (even if wood Zinger was a loose remake of the classic)

If they somehow don't do the resort announcement later with FITH2 opening it may be with this mystery coaster. Many people continue to echo that SDC will be seeing major rapid expansion like Dollywood just did.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 09:31:58 AM by sdcfan88 »

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2023, 09:22:35 PM »
Not to take away from the hype of the new FITH, but something that has bugged me since the announcement is the coaster in the background on their announcement page.

The thing about an "artist's concept", is that it is just that. The background doesn't always have any meaning, or any connection to anything real.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2023, 08:26:06 AM »
A lot of things in concept artwork don't match reality. Heck, even the park's Tshirts don't always match reality. Remember when one of the wildfire tshirts had a vekoma boomerang on it? lol

There are almost certainly big things coming to SDC in the future, but over the next 5-10 years I would expect a couple more ride replacements to be the main focus rather than additions.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2023, 08:33:41 AM »
And not to be a downer but besides the one big hill - the rest of that concept coaster looks like a "wild mouse" in the sky. Not something I'd be really excited about. Also, that artist rendering puts the new FITH in the middle of "Fireman's Landing".

I do expect though a big coaster to be announced at some point. I think Swoosh has talked about it before that SDC would getting a terrain hyper as part of a multiyear expansion.

We've also talked about these following things are on the list of improvements: new entrance, new flooded mine, removal of Thunderation, relocation of train station, resort, relocation of WW, etc. - SDC better get busy!

Jay

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2023, 08:48:06 AM »
The care and thought that the PTB took in the new FITH gives me a glimmer of hope that *maybe* the Flooded Mine could get the same kind of love in the future.

SoonerBob

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2023, 04:52:47 PM »
If anyone is interested...Silver Dollar City just uploaded the new version of the Fire in the Hole song to YouTube...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saeqx5nVQnc

Us old timers remember when we had to download a bootleg MP3 version. I had it as my ring tone for a while. ;)

Still have to for the amazing covers playing on a near time traveler (or I haven't seen an official release).

I honestly looked for a CD of it in the shops for a while the first time I heard most of the music (hint hint SDC merch team).

There is a series on iTunes called  Pickin’ On Series. I know some of the music played by Time Traveler is part of that collection. Mountain Music by Alabama is from it.

Jesus4me

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2023, 07:44:18 PM »
The care and thought that the PTB took in the new FITH gives me a glimmer of hope that *maybe* the Flooded Mine could get the same kind of love in the future.
The flooded mine should be next, the park can move the train station where the old FITH was giving them more room. Then build a fully enclosed where proof flooded mine. Think about a Pirates of the Caribbean type of ride. I would dump the guns aspect and add a brand-new soundtrack like Pirates of Carribean. 

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2023, 08:52:49 PM »
The flooded mine should be next, ... I would dump the guns aspect and add a brand-new soundtrack like Pirates of Carribean.
Amen!

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2023, 07:32:06 AM »
Agree with losing the guns on FM.  Reinstall the cave in.  Make sure everything works, and then leave it the heck alone.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2023, 08:47:05 AM »
Sounds like I may be in the minority on the forum. I would love to see it upgraded with a new, modern, and reliable shooting system along with an overall update much like what Fire in the Hole is getting. Our family loves shooting rides and is really something that we missed when visiting Dollywood. A fun and reliable shooting ride is very re-rideable.

Now if it was truly upgraded to something more along the ride experience of Pirates where there are a few small drops, more effects throughout, and more of a story, I could get behind that... but I think that the park could still use a shooting ride.

...back to 2024.

It will be interesting to see how the early access goes with those that buy passes during the presale. It was kind of a mess with Big Bear Mountain at Dollywood this year. I am guessing that SDC will adjust their messaging around it to avoid some of the issues that Dollywood had with it.

KevinLong

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2023, 09:13:52 AM »
Agree with losing the guns on FM.  Reinstall the cave in.  Make sure everything works, and then leave it the heck alone.

This ^^^^   and replace the exterior water effects as well

my two cents....

Kevin

Jesus4me

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2023, 01:05:13 PM »

The "CAVE IN" was before my time. Can you describe it and where in the ride it happened?

KevinLong

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2023, 01:30:43 PM »

The "CAVE IN" was before my time. Can you describe it and where in the ride it happened?

it was actually, if I am remembering correctly, where the convicts are climbing the rope to escape.

Just above your head in that area there was a chicken wire ceiling. a recording would yell ,, watch out rock fall or rock slide I am not sure and there would be a loud rumbling then some strobes would go off and a lot of foam boulder shaped rocks would drop onto the chicken wire. it was pretty cool and effective.shortly after there was the ore washing station and that had a few jets of water the would turn off as you approached leaving you dry.

anyone else whom remembers PLEASE correct me if I missed anything or am mistaken.

my two cents
Kevin

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2023, 01:48:03 PM »

it was actually, if I am remembering correctly, where the convicts are climbing the rope to escape.

Just above your head in that area there was a chicken wire ceiling. a recording would yell ,, watch out rock fall or rock slide I am not sure and there would be a loud rumbling then some strobes would go off and a lot of foam boulder shaped rocks would drop onto the chicken wire. it was pretty cool and effective.shortly after there was the ore washing station and that had a few jets of water the would turn off as you approached leaving you dry.

anyone else whom remembers PLEASE correct me if I missed anything or am mistaken.

my two cents
Kevin

The boat would actually stop in the show area for this. The convicts voices first said I'm getting out of here then the rockslide portion but you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I loved the flooded mine before the intrusive gun era came along. Now, I just try to block out all the pee pow noise and remember it like it was.