Author Topic: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 39591 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2023, 07:52:53 AM »
That makes more sense. They are always hyping up something 'big' and like I said, 'BIG' news has a lot of room for interpretation. Winning that again is definitely something they will hype.

Still think they have to do something to Mystic within the next few years. I keep hearing about it beating people up.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2023, 08:30:48 AM »
^ I agree.  I like the tower drop with the splashdown but I'm not a fan of the constant spinning.
I'm Your Huckleberry

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2023, 09:02:22 AM »
Also take note that the fire company for Fire in the Hole is #1 Fire Company.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2023, 09:28:53 AM »
^ Great point!
I'm Your Huckleberry

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2023, 10:59:04 AM »
👆🏻👆🏻

That's why I posted yesterday and am still inclined to believe this will be the official FITH 2.0 announcement. SDC posted an overt FITH post Monday. Yesterday, a news announcement with a subliminal nod to Fire Company No. 1. Why the Mystic River visual? How do you put out a fire? And what has been FITH's signature element for decades? One final drop into a splash ending.   

While outside the typical practice of waiting until close to end of season to announce a new attraction, hyping the FITH reboot this early accomplishes two things. It generates excitement about what's coming. And drives traffic to get your last rides in on a SDC Classic NOW.

A simple press release would suffice for being voted the #1 park, announcing the the opening of something on the order of Fried Fancies, or lineup news with regards to the festival offerings.

If you're going live with an announcement, I anticipate it being legitimately newsworthy.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2023, 11:10:05 AM »
If you really think the news on Friday is about FiTH 2.0, then get ready to be disappointed. You should save your straw-grasping theories for later in the year, say August/September
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 11:23:31 AM by legoerosion »

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2023, 11:39:06 AM »
We'll all know for certain in 48 hours.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2023, 12:19:29 PM »
^ I agree.  I like the tower drop with the splashdown but I'm not a fan of the constant spinning.

Yeah that was unexpected for me too, I didn't expect to spin more on that ride than on Time Traveler. That should say something.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2023, 05:25:24 PM »
I actually feel like the spinning and especially the abruptness of the stop at the bottom of the slide have significantly improved since opening. It really isn’t that bad anymore.

The timing lines up with the USA Today poll result announcement too much for it really to be anything else. However, I would expect them to tease future announcements on Friday.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2023, 06:34:20 PM »
Double posting because I've just seen the announcement myself. The fact that it's a photo of mystic river with the 'i' in BIG turned into a '1' is interesting. Maybe they want to try for another Guinness world record this summer? Or maybe it has something to do with mystic? That ride has been causing all kinds of problems...

Part of me expects they want to find a way to rework it without admitting it is a disaster. Seems like they wouldn't do that at the start of summer though. It's made it this long.

B1G is also commonly used for the Big Ten athletic conference.

Maybe they're trying attract more Ioweenians and Illinoisyans.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 08:41:25 PM by KBCraig »

orangesandpeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2023, 08:02:49 AM »
I actually feel like the spinning and especially the abruptness of the stop at the bottom of the slide have significantly improved since opening. It really isn’t that bad anymore.
I strongly second that. And in truth, much like Time Traveler, it's reliability and capacity the past two years is much, much better as well. Machines these days just take time to get to know, as has been causally pointed out to me on park.

P.S. If you try to use station number two these days, fire directly into the wave, otherwise you will miss the boat completely. If you try to use station number 1, well, you might consider buying a poncho first ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 08:07:54 AM by orangesandpeaches »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2023, 11:18:17 AM »
Yes the big news reveal was the park being voted the #1 theme park in America (it was already #1 to most of us anyway  :)).  And $49 tickets for the month of May if you buy them before May 10th: https://www.facebook.com/sdcattractions/videos/190150990561276

I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2023, 04:54:47 PM »
Predictable, I suppose  ;D

Can't wait for August when we can finally get excited for the big announcement. We've been talking about the new FITH for years and years now. We will have watched the construction for three years by the time it opens. Sure hope it is worth the wait.

Cseeley

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2023, 05:37:46 PM »

Can't wait for August when we can finally get excited for the big announcement. We've been talking about the new FITH for years and years now. We will have watched the construction for three years by the time it opens. Sure hope it is worth the wait.
When do you expect the announcement to be, because I believe they will not wait until august to do it

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2023, 08:05:26 AM »

When do you expect the announcement to be, because I believe they will not wait until august to do it

Time Traveler was announced in August before opening year, and Outlaw Run was announced in August before opening year. I believe August would be a good educated guess. ;D