Author Topic: Student trips from local high schools --- a question  (Read 1432 times)

KevinLong

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Student trips from local high schools --- a question
« on: September 29, 2022, 08:47:45 PM »
I am probably just getting to be a an old grump, but there may be a solution someone has figured out.

I was in the park this week- wed 28th, and upon arrival I witnessed the arrival of MANY MANY school buses from various High schools around the region. I ran smack into at least several hundred students milling about the entrance to the park, with more flowing off buses still arriving. I spent most of the day, getting run over (hyperbole I know) by large groups of students and overhearing some of the foulest language and witnessing idiotic behavior.

I am no prude - I swear with the best of them - and I know that kid are kids. I also realize I have no business being in amongst them, I have no patience.

There are many events at the City I avoid because I know they do not appeal to me and I have no business being there ( Christmas, Southern Gospel Picnic, Country Music Days, Young Christians weekend) - its easy enough to avoid them and there is room for everyone's favorite event. 

This brings me to my Question... Is there any rhyme or reason to theses school trips?. I usually attend early in the week to avoid any crowds and I have had this experience a couple times this year.  Are there specific days these visits happen? Does anyone know?. Is there anyway to find out in advance of these large group outings.?

Any advice would be helpful, and I know it may be impossible to guess or figure out. Thanks for reading.

the old grump.
Kevin

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: Student trips from local high schools --- a question
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 08:00:18 AM »
I’ve shared your frustration with special group days, not just high school but any big group days. I wish SDC had a calendar of special days(mercy, freeman, park run events, etc) but to my knowledge it doesn’t.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 11:25:09 AM »
Haven't experienced this in the fall but have on Thursdays and Fridays in April and May.

MandyTG

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2022, 03:19:46 PM »
I'm always surprised at the amount of school groups and other groups. We attended opening day of Pumpkin Nights and there was a large group from McDonald's checking in. They even had a special tent set up for them to hand out refill mugs. I was afraid they were going to cause long wait times on certain rides if they went around as a group, but strange thing was we only ever saw a couple of them the rest of the day.