Author Topic: Worlds of Fun 2023  (Read 3800 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Worlds of Fun 2023
« on: July 09, 2022, 01:47:10 PM »
As Swoosh has mentioned a new coaster is coming to WOF in 2023 - you can go to his site and see some photos.

https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2022/06/project-50-wof_23.html

The City Plan Review portal has pretty much confirmed it's a wood coaster: https://compasskc.kcmo.org/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/plan/a4fa62b1-f5df-4d37-8c58-42074bf42bd6?tab=reviews

So what kind of wood coaster do you think it could be? Maybe a family RMC? https://www.rockymtnconstruction.com/family-hybrid-coasters/

Jay

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Worlds of Fun 2023
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 11:27:45 AM »
We honestly think it might be the first GCI Titan Track installation.  The park has become very chummy with GCI
SWOOSH

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2022, 04:41:54 PM »
That would be awesome! I'd head to WoF for that for sure.

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 06:08:56 PM »
I'm up for anything. Seems odd that they want another wooden coaster at this point unless they are planning on something extreme like an inversion to set it apart from the others. Maybe it will be 200' tall or something. In any case, I'm just glad they are getting some kind of major investment. Hopefully they aren't simply retracking/rebuilding parts of Prowler, although that would also be a big improvement.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 08:12:07 PM »
I'm up for anything. Seems odd that they want another wooden coaster at this point unless they are planning on something extreme like an inversion to set it apart from the others. Maybe it will be 200' tall or something. In any case, I'm just glad they are getting some kind of major investment. Hopefully they aren't simply retracking/rebuilding parts of Prowler, although that would also be a big improvement.

That’s what Titan Track is designed for.  Launches and inversions
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 08:54:01 PM »
The logical location seems to be the Africa/Former Dinos Alive attraction area ?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2022, 10:53:19 PM »
The logical location seems to be the Africa/Former Dinos Alive attraction area ?

If you check out the link that was posted above you’d see that the clearing is in that area back to Monsoon
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2022, 09:54:28 PM »
Well… this might end up being an interesting project.  The big rumor going around tonight is that this is the canceled Dorney Park GG shuttle wooden coaster and that it will have an inversion.  Interesting
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2022, 02:06:31 PM »
Today more information was released on a building permit for the project. Daniel Leak was named as the engineer for the attraction. Daniel works with the firm known as Skyline Attractions. This firm creates the Titan Track for GCI coasters. With that in mind, we think that this attraction will be a ground up Titan Track wooden roller coaster with inversions. It’ll be fun to watch this project move forward.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2022, 09:16:14 AM »
Just as long as it runs efficiently, I'll be happy. I'm kind of worried a shuttle will have low capacity. It's been so long since WOF added a coaster, I'm sure this thing will have long lines for a few years.

Really excited to see what a full titan track coaster is like. I want GCII to have a renaissance. I really like their old layouts. Especially Roar and Ozark Wildcat.

Cseeley

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2022, 06:06:35 PM »
Official announcement from the park will be tomorrow for the 2023 season project.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2022, 10:00:53 AM »
https://www.worldsoffun.com/new-in-2023/zambezi-zinger

So... not a shuttle coaster but literally GCII's take on Zambezi Zinger. It looks awesome! Basically a second, smoother Prowler with a spiral lift.

I'm very excited to see this new track in action. Maybe they can add it to Prowler once it proves successful.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2022, 08:20:02 AM »
Living in the KC area, I can say that people are very excited about this announcement. It looks like a great coaster which I'm excited to experience.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2022, 05:26:32 PM »
I absolutely loved the old Zinger.....was my very first roller coaster ride and an amazing family thrill ride.  I was still young when the got rid of it and to this day WoF fans still regularly bring it up.  Especially with the much hated boomerang that sites in it original station.  I also hated it when the Orient Express was removed and it kills me to see the Busch Garden sister ride of it still operating strong.  It too replaced by a carny ride with no character.  Ive only been to to WoF 2x since my teen days when I would marathon OE.  All there new rides have just been unremarkable and the park just is sub standard compared to the closer to me SDC.

So.....got to give WoF some credit.  They must know the love of the old ride and its takes some....uhmmm.......you know....to try to replace it.  Wasn't expecting to like this project at all with I heard GCI was doing it.  As interesting as it is.....it is still a strange coaster type considering the park already has 2 woodies and there are 2 more over at SFstl.  They hybrid part is obviously the most interesting thing about the coaster by it seems like that are going for a more family friendly ride so it won't excite the region that already had Outlaw Run and Texas Giant not too far away. 

I do love the spiral lift hill.....its kinda silly and fun which ironically imo WoF lacks in it's rides.  I do hope there is a tunnel as the website says....that was a major element on the original.  Diving through a tunnel that looked like you wouldn't fit. 

Hopefully.....WoF has a plan for a new Orient too......and it doesn't take 10 years.  Plenty space in that old lot for big looping coaster.....something Wof really doesn't have in its lineup.  or a maverick like launch coaster.... Just saying.

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"