Author Topic: Herschend Adds to Film and Media Division With Major New Hire  (Read 1775 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Herschend Adds to Film and Media Division With Major New Hire
« on: October 19, 2021, 01:45:15 PM »
Herschend Entertainment Studios just picked up a major new hire: Sarah Maizes, a former executive at the Jim Henson Company. Seems like they are preparing to put more focus into this arm of the company. I saw that the 'Chuggington" series just got past a billion views on youtube and has over a million subscribers. I wonder how much revenue that really brings them though...

With this new hire they may be preparing to get into the bigger leagues with film and media production.

https://www.anbmedia.com/news/youre-hired/2021/10/herschend-hires-former-jim-henson-company-exec/

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Herschend Adds to Film and Media Division With Major New Hire
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 03:53:18 PM »
I see they also have "Splash and Bubbles" which is a Jim Henson property. So this seems to be a natural fit and the two companies have already been working together. I find it interesting the vast influence Jim Henson properties are a part of and all the projects they are associated with....including Disney, PBS Kids, Sesame Street, Hersey, Coca Cola, Lady Gaga, Deadmau5, etc.

Will be interesting to see what they might be able to bring not only to the Entertainment Studios, but to the parks as well.

Jay

KevinLong

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 09:41:21 PM »
my OPINION

This is the open door that will change forever both the Parks - perfect fit for the water park - fish motif of course. but

This may be the crack that will bring runaway IP's and reduce the parks homegrown personality.

It won't be long the rides will be sponsored and you will see Time Traveler brought to you by Timex. Shoot out at the old Mine - sponsored by the NRA - Blacksmith shop brought to you by the coal industry.

then again I could be a paranoid freak who has no Idea what I am spouting - I leave it to you.

Kevin     

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 10:30:19 PM »
It will be interesting to see where this leads!
Splash and Bubbles hasn’t had new episodes since 2018.
I think that Chuggington is the much more known brand. They have had Chuggington merchandise in the parks for a few years now.

Also, the Disney forcing the move on their Imagineering department, this could be an exciting time for smaller parks to pick up some amazing talent or for some new firms to get a start.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 01:08:19 AM »
It will be interesting to see where this leads!
Splash and Bubbles hasn’t had new episodes since 2018.
I think that Chuggington is the much more known brand. They have had Chuggington merchandise in the parks for a few years now.

Also, the Disney forcing the move on their Imagineering department, this could be an exciting time for smaller parks to pick up some amazing talent or for some new firms to get a start.

Amazingly  impressed with Galaxy Edge at Disneyland, Spiderman WebSlinger belongs in a Six Flags. It's hit and miss.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 08:18:29 AM »
my OPINION

This is the open door that will change forever both the Parks - perfect fit for the water park - fish motif of course. but

This may be the crack that will bring runaway IP's and reduce the parks homegrown personality.

It won't be long the rides will be sponsored and you will see Time Traveler brought to you by Timex. Shoot out at the old Mine - sponsored by the NRA - Blacksmith shop brought to you by the coal industry.

then again I could be a paranoid freak who has no Idea what I am spouting - I leave it to you.

Kevin     

When the Flooded Mine added the guns in 1990 the sign outside the mine read: The Great Shootout in the Flooded Mine sponsored by Coca-Cola with a Coke logo on the sign.  You may be right.
I'm Your Huckleberry