Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 124140 times)

pintrader

Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2022, 09:01:20 AM »
Lost River to Mystic River was fairly major in my opinion.  Faster, wetter and much bigger drop from the little cave on Lost River.  What does everyone think are going to be the biggest changes on the new FITH?  I think a good bet is it will be at least slightly faster than the old.  I would also think probably a lot smoother with less track noise.  Also wonder if drops will be higher and possibly a longer duration of the actual ride which is now around 3:15.  I picture the visual effects being about the same or at least very familiar.  Interesting to think about how the ride will change from old to new.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2022, 10:05:23 AM »
I hope that they can some how find a way to keep a low minimum height for the ride. Fire in the Hole is currently 36".

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2022, 03:26:06 PM »
Interesting to think about how the ride will change from old to new.

There is so much that could be done with that story line and the new coaster technology. At the burning bridge you could have a track drop like Verbolton/Harry Potter, you could have a backwards launch section from an explosion like Fire Chaser, multiple switch tracks like Harry Potter/Mummy, etc.

So much innovation since the original FITH, so it's going to be fun to see what all SDC plans to include in the New FITH. And what age they really target for this ride.

Jay

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2022, 04:30:34 PM »
Also wonder if drops will be higher and possibly a longer duration of the actual ride which is now around 3:15.

FITH used to be longer.  A portion of the track was removed in 1982 making the ride shorter according to wikipedia. Also let's take a moment of silence to remember the young 23 year old who died on the ride July 9, 1980,

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2022, 09:45:36 PM »
Not too thrilled with the RMC rumor for some obvious reasons. While I know they did a good job on Blazing Fury's refurb I just hope they don't reuse those uncomfortable cars and lapbars they have on their regular coasters. It would be cool if they refurb the Original FITH cars as I recall Dollywood did something similar with theirs IIRC.

blatym

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2022, 09:25:30 AM »
I will say the Gurstlaur trains are so much better on the two Texas RMC's. Wish there was a way for outlaw run to get something similar but I don't expect to have any "normal" RMC trains if they are in charge of the project. Fingers crossed they will be nice and comfortable!

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2022, 11:17:21 AM »
Not too thrilled with the RMC rumor for some obvious reasons. While I know they did a good job on Blazing Fury's refurb I just hope they don't reuse those uncomfortable cars and lapbars they have on their regular coasters. It would be cool if they refurb the Original FITH cars as I recall Dollywood did something similar with theirs IIRC.

After the LR situation....I'm glad HFE and RMC still have a relationship to do more projects....from an outsiders view the two companies seem like a good fit to continue to work together (both family non-corp businesses).  Can't deny RMCs make incredible rides.  I wouldn't mind SDC being the first with a T-Rex track.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2022, 09:47:10 PM »
If anyone cares, the building has gone vertical
SWOOSH

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2022, 09:00:52 AM »
If anyone cares, the building has gone vertical

Thank you Swoosh, I might have to head up there again soon to check it out and grab some street food.

Jay

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 14, 2022, 11:24:59 AM »
The building seems to be taller than the original

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2022, 01:02:28 PM »
People have been telling me that it already towers over Fireman's Landing... I hope they theme it up nicely rather than making it a box warehouse looking thing on three sides. At least it will be similar in size to the old FITH. We'll see what insanity they try to pull off while still calling it a "family ride" though. It's tall enough to hide a sizeable drop track.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2022, 07:14:42 PM »
Wow. Wasn't expecting that. Looks to be quite a bit taller than the current Fire in the Hole.
Saw a picture on FB. It was taken while on a ride so I'm not sharing it here.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 07:17:53 PM by mg »

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2022, 09:52:17 PM »
Was on park today. Perimeter building framework is going up. Can be seen from Several points in the city and Hwy 76. For me, the building looks considerably larger than the existing FITH. Side note: rode FITH today for what could be my last time ever. I was pleasantly surprised to see and hear everything in working order. Dare I say, things even looked spruced up from when I last rode it a couple year ago.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 10:36:18 PM by BackInTime »

underdog250

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2022, 01:03:46 PM »
Wow, thank you for the updates Swoosh! Yeah, the building does look taller but it could be a matter of perspective. Has anyone gotten wind of SDC interior designs? I'd love to have an actual animatronic or two in the ride versus the 40+ old mannequins. I don't want to give my hopes up too much as I know SDC typically goes pretty minimal with set dressing for cost/time but technology has advanced so much in the last few decades.