Author Topic: Silver Dollar City Purchased Land  (Read 16401 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Silver Dollar City Purchased Land
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2022, 10:23:42 PM »
FYI, I decided to merge the old Indian Ridge thread with this one. Makes more sense to have it in this section now that it is official.

While SDC has always controlled a lot of land around the park, this purchase feels like it is motivated by what we have long talked about: the development of an SDC resort. The land also provides more area for parking, though it is still a hilly area. They could build a backroad for shuttles and a second entry to the park on the north side, which would allow for more overall capacity.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2022, 11:35:07 PM »
On another note, was it ever implied what would happen after the 99 year lease ends?

Why do you think they bought so much land?
SWOOSH

tmstephe

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2022, 08:58:13 AM »
On another note, was it ever implied what would happen after the 99 year lease ends?

Why do you think they bought so much land?

Can you elaborate on this?  Are you implying that they would build a new park to insure against losing their lease on the current land? 

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2022, 01:39:41 PM »

While SDC has always controlled a lot of land around the park, this purchase feels like it is motivated by what we have long talked about: the development of an SDC resort. The land also provides more area for parking, though it is still a hilly area. They could build a backroad for shuttles and a second entry to the park on the north side, which would allow for more overall capacity.

Capacity is a interesting topic.  Id argue increasing parking and adding a gate does not increase park capacity.  It might help with parking and crowd congesting during opening and closing.....but they better not think it increases there max capacity without adding new area, rides, and shows that can handle bigger crowds.  If the new train station is true.....maybe a whole secondary park (on resort) via train could be an option.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2022, 02:29:22 AM »
I think most would be shocked to know just how much land SDC owns in the area. It's easy to look up.  I have a feeling this land will end up doing what most of the rest of it is doing.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2022, 04:25:15 AM »
Been seeing that SDC has been ramping up their ad campaign for job fairs & employment recruiting. Saw something about raises/hiring bonuses being given out too. What they need to do is use some of that land for employee housing. They could improve their staffing situation with that alone.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2022, 10:13:07 AM »
Been seeing that SDC has been ramping up their ad campaign for job fairs & employment recruiting. Saw something about raises/hiring bonuses being given out too. What they need to do is use some of that land for employee housing. They could improve their staffing situation with that alone.
A company based in AR is buying old hotels motels and turning them into housing.  They  do a decent job and seem to run a clean show.  They have just announced the purchase of a property to renovate 1 mile from SDC.  I am assuming its the Notch building behind the city in Branson W on the right.  2 story older hotel.  This will certainly help with housing. SDC could run a tram to it if they wanted. 

https://www.thedelscorp.com/ozmocommons

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2022, 11:11:05 AM »
The old hotel you're referring to was remodeled and reopened a couple months ago as a Motel 6.
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2022, 01:24:48 PM »
Without looking into them, the other potential hotels would be Shady Acres and the little hotel building that hasn't been open just down from Deer Run Groceries. Not sure they are going to get a lot of units out of either location.

I have a feeling SDC is planning an apartment building similar to what Dollywood is building. I think we'll see a lot of random stuff go up in the new area to support large-scale growth of the park.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2022, 09:47:57 PM »
There’s been quite a bit of ground work happening the past week or so on the site next to the intersection, on the opposite side of the new water tower. A lot of leveling

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2022, 10:25:38 AM »
There’s been quite a bit of ground work happening the past week or so on the site next to the intersection, on the opposite side of the new water tower. A lot of leveling

SWOOSH

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2022, 10:44:51 AM »

Is it a new parking lot? They’ve put down a lot of asphalt  ::)

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2022, 08:04:14 AM »
Anyone have pictures of what they’ve been doing there?

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2022, 12:07:02 AM »
Looks like a few parking lots.

I would suspect that these will possibly be used later this season.

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2022, 05:15:04 AM »
If after all the speculation the endgame is parking lots... That's hilarious. Granted... This could just be a multi generational project plan and one step on the journey.