Author Topic: 2021 Crowds/Trip Reports  (Read 76203 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Crowds/Trip Reports
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2021, 10:36:51 PM »
Looks like today was a great operations day for the major rides.

MRF - Down once for just under an hour.
PK - Down once for just over 20 minutes.
GS - Down once for around 30 minutes.
TNT - Down once for around 30 minutes.
WF & TT - Not down at all.

*This is according to the app data.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2021, 01:46:32 PM »
Went to the first day of Street Fest, Every other bench is used in the Boatworks Theater (new home of the Saloon Show) and in the Dockside Theater. Lots of acts and show times throughout the park. Many of the acts have been at previous WorldFests, Festivals of Wonder, etc. The saloon show has 2 band members, 4 dancers, and 3 singers/actors. There is no notice posted at the Saloon that the show has been relocated to the Boatworks. Riverside Playhouse is open as a cool, maskfree place to sit and rest.

Wait times on Thursday were short for the rides we rode (drop tower, Fire in the Hole, train, Flooded Mine). When we rode the train in the afternoon we didn't see Wildfire, Outlaw Run, or Powderkeg running. Train ride is down to 1 robber.

We got Chesters Chips about 12:30. Apparently they had been cooked way ahead of time because they were cold. We didn't try any other food. We did see quite a few folks wearing Tasting Passport lanyards.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2021, 03:26:48 PM »
^ The SDC website shows a new Sagebrush Sadie saloon show beginning April 15h at the Boatworks theatre!  If anyone sees the show give us a report.  Yeehaw!
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2021, 08:59:40 PM »
We attended Street Fest this weekend and here is our FOOD Report

More photos and reviews of the food at the link
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2021/04/street-fest-food-sdc.html
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 09:59:24 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2021, 09:56:07 PM »
Here is our coverage of Street Fest

More photos of entertainment offerings can be found at the link
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2021/04/street-fest-sdc.html
SWOOSH

Irrumater

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2021, 09:41:15 AM »
We made our first trip of the year Sunday. Arrived at the city around 1:30 or so. Wasn't overly crowed and walked on TnT, TimeTraveler, FM and GE rides. about a 5 min wait for FiTH. Purchased the Tasting passport and was overall happy with it. Daughter insisted on Teriyaki Chicken Skewer, and I agree with Swoosh was the worst option we had all day. I knew we were in trouble when the cook was prying them off the grill. Tough and basically flavorless, and 1 skewer for a tasting, much better options and portions are available. Rounded out the Card with Orange Chicken Waffle Cone ( About half the cone full), Funnel Cake Chartcutrie board ( 3 3" funnel cakes and 2 toppings) and Carnitas Fried Ravioli Nachos ( 6 pieces) x2 since we ran out of time and the park was closing. All more than enough to share. Didn't see a lot of the entertainment since I was with my 13 year old who was really mainly interested in how much food and how many rides we could do. Overall a nice day at the park, even with the cold wind that picked up as the day went on.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2021, 11:17:37 PM »
So, how did they pronounce "poutine"?

You answer first, then I'll tell you how the Quebecois up here pronounce it. ;)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2021, 11:20:01 PM »

Well I ordered it and pronounced it “Poo-teen” which is how they say it in Toronto.  My friends up there could care less how the stinky frenchies call it.  lol
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 11:22:04 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2021, 09:33:19 PM »

Well I ordered it and pronounced it “Poo-teen” which is how they say it in Toronto.  My friends up there could care less how the stinky frenchies call it.  lol

LOL

Most of Quebec, and all of the "Mill French" towns in New England, pronounce it "PUT-sin".

I know, it doesn't make sense. Neither do any other French pronunciations, whether Parisian or Canadian.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2021, 08:05:24 AM »

LOL

Most of Quebec, and all of the "Mill French" towns in New England, pronounce it "PUT-sin".

I know, it doesn't make sense. Neither do any other French pronunciations, whether Parisian or Canadian.

Shouldn't you basically drop the last letter/sound in just about every word when speaking French?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2021, 12:51:03 PM »
^ The SDC website shows a new Sagebrush Sadie saloon show beginning April 15h at the Boatworks theatre!  If anyone sees the show give us a report.  Yeehaw!

We saw it the first day of Street Fest. 4 saloon girl dancers, Sadie, Charlie, and the "theater owner", piano player and drummer. Not much of a plot -- Sadie rents theater for a show, show bothers theater owner who makes noise at times to interrupt the show.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2021, 10:53:36 AM »

We saw it the first day of Street Fest. 4 saloon girl dancers, Sadie, Charlie, and the "theater owner", piano player and drummer. Not much of a plot -- Sadie rents theater for a show, show bothers theater owner who makes noise at times to interrupt the show.

The show just left me whelmed.  It was nice to see some old faces back though
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2021, 10:54:13 AM »
This just in.... tasting cards are coming to BBQ and Bluegrass

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Attractions/Dining/Bluegrass-Tasting-Passport
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 12:54:35 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2021, 10:04:33 PM »
This just in.... tasting cards are coming to BBQ and Bluegrass

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Attractions/Dining/Bluegrass-Tasting-Passport
No surprise here, every time I'm at the 60th sign or the front gate taking pictures of guests they always ask about the taste passport for street fest.

NotchGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2021, 09:48:54 AM »
I just noticed that the headliner acts during the Bluegrass and BBQ festival will be performing INSIDE the Opera House.  That is great news (if the online schedule really is accurate).  I am sure we will be “socially distanced” but that is one more big step back toward normalcy.  Yahoo!